Senior Network Engineer
Brisbane, AustraliaJob ID R030885 Date posted Aug. 22, 2019
IDS ANZ is hiring a senior Networking Professional to assist with Assessment, Design and Implementation of Infrastructure solutions for our customer base in Australia & New Zealand.
The successful applicant will have a industry recognized Networking Certification, Proven experience on conducting POC for new technology and able to independently lead the delivery aspect of complex infrastructure solutions. Considering the nature of modern converged and software defined technology a thorough virtualization knowledge and experience is critical to the role.
Role & Responsibilities
- Prepare High Level and Low- Level Design for Data centre Network, Converged Data centre Network, FC Network, Campus Wired / Wireless Network
- Deploy Data centre Network, Converged Data centre Network, FC Network, Campus Wired / wireless Network, SDN SDWAN, Perimeter Security, Application Switching
- Interface with customer, capture environmental parameters and prepare Design / Configuration documents
- Conduct Assessment of customer environment and create report to improve performance and resilience of the Networking infrastructure
- Conduct POC, Create Design and undertake Pilot engagement involving new technologies and products like SDWAN, SDN, converged networking, Application Switching etc.
- Installation, configuration and testing of network switches, wireless controllers/APs and software defined networking deployment tasks.
- Create UAT plans and develop acceptance criterion for networking projects
- Create Migration plan, Roll back plan and Risk mitigation strategies for smooth cut overs
- Provide Hand Holding knowledge transfer to Customer post deployment
- Provide the Post deployment support for deployed solution
- Work as the networking subject matter expert (SME) and provide technical guidance to the deployment engineer on network configurations.
- Collaborate effectively with all stakeholders (Customers, Sales, PMO , Resource Management Team and Field Engineer) to ensure successful and on target delivery
- Work with sales team to provide scope of work and effort sizing for deployment services.
- Experience in creating and negotiating Services SoW including Tasks, Efforts, Roles / Responsibilities, Assumptions, Exclusions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or 5 years equivalent experience is required.
- CCNP or equivalent level of certification is preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience on network design and implementation.
- Hands on experience with Juniper/HP/Cisco switches, Aruba or Aerohive wireless, Big Switch SDN is preferred.
- Domain knowledge in QoS and Voice over IP.
- Fundamental Understanding of Service provider technologies like MPLS, BGP, etc.
- Have good understanding of layer-2/3 switching including different flavours of spanning tree protocols, VLANS, stacking, virtual chassis, LACP and static port-channel, Jumbo Frames and Flow Control settings.
- Be able to configure routing protocols such as RIP, OSPF and BGP.
- Good design and Hands on deployment experience of Security Technologies like Firewalls, VPN (IPSec / SSL), IDS/IPS, etc.
- Good knowledge of Application and Content Delivery Technologies like Load Balancers, WAN Optimization, SSL offload, etc..
- Hands on vSphere (5/6.X) experience knowledge 5+ years with exposure to NSX , vRealize suite of products.
- Familiar with Server, Storage, blade chassis Hardware, S2D, VSAN
- Very strong knowledge of requirements gathering & design processes for IT and related business technology domains
- Experience leading, conducting and organizing complex customer-facing workshops & requirements gathering workstreams
- Demonstrate an aptitude for assimilation of new technologies and solutions.
- Independently handle all Assessment, Design, Deployment Planning related activity.
- VCP-DCV certification
- Relevant experience with various OEM solution like Arista, Aerohive, Big Switch Networks, Brocade, Cisco, Cumulus Networks, Dell EMC, F5 Networks, Fortinet, HP, Ruckus, Riverbed, Silverpeak, Sonicwall, Solarwinds etc.
- Ability to manage multiple, often competing, priorities and tasks and follow through to completion on strict deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users, including non-technical users.
- Friendly presence and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills.
- Strong communications skills, written and verbal
- Willing to travel up to 30% of time.
- Technical, analytical and interpersonal skills required.
- Act as the networking escalation point and help the deployment team members on troubleshooting when necessary.
- Provide the Post deployment support for deployed solution for critical issues.