Onboarding Engineer (Virtustream)
Brisbane, AustraliaJob ID R35418 Date posted Mar. 18, 2019
Base Location - REMOTE
Time Zone Support - Japan business hours
- The candidate should have experience with Linux, Windows, and VMware
- Scripting knowledge and hands on experience (bash shell/python/powershell/expect)
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills using command line tools
- Excellent written and vocal communication skills (English and Japanese)
Virtustream, a Dell Technologies business, is the enterprise-class cloud company that is trusted by organizations worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud. For enterprises, service providers and government agencies, Virtustream’s xStream® Management Platform and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) meets the security, compliance, performance, efficiency and consumption-based billing requirements of complex production applications in the cloud – whether private, public or hybrid.
The culture here at Virtustream is entrepreneurial, driven and exciting. Being at the forefront of cloud technology means we adapt to change rapidly. This makes for an exciting and dynamic work environment. We are always on the lookout for ways to improve through automation and we provide you the autonomy for finding better ways to do things. See something that you think would work better a different way, tell us and we support the next steps.
The primary responsibility of this role include interaction with the infrastructure teams to ensure that the technical elements of a customer order are in place, as well as that the tenant layer environment/VMs are delivered according to the specifications of the order. That may include a combination of newly built windows or linux VMs or migrated v2v/p2v machines. This position touches across a wide variety of disciplines, starting at delivery and extending across network, storage, platform, hypervisor/vmware/multicloud, storage, network, system administration, and performance tuning.
- Configuration management tools such as salt/ansible/puppet
- CI/CD toolsets (JIRA, Github, Jenkins, etc)
- Hands on v2v/p2v migrations using tools such as DoubleTake