Inside Sales Systems Engineer Brentford - UK Enterprise
Brentford, United KingdomJob ID R044183 Date posted Nov. 18, 2019
Inside Systems Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as an Inside Systems Engineer in our Enterprise team in Brentford.
About Your Role
As an Inside Sales Systems Engineer, you will be part of the EMEA Next Gen Sales Academy’s growing Presales team, acquiring the skills and knowledge to become great at your daily job responsibilities while learning and developing to build a successful career in technical presales. You will be provided with the training and mentoring to set a firm foundation for your entry into a career in DELL EMC’s Presales organization. This structured role-based training provides the opportunities and exposure to the data center industry, where you will learn the best practices & methodologies and the DELL EMC way of doing business. You will join and collaborate with your team of more senior systems engineers in the important pre-sale development of technology solutions and provide technical expertise in support of Presales activities, as well as responses to information requests and proposals (RFIs, RFPs, and RFQs) as required. We will continue to provide you resources, tools, and training to attain working knowledge within an assigned practice specialty. At all points in your presales journey, you will have the support of your manager, your mentor(s), other systems engineers, peer specialty sales groups, and regional leadership.
About Dell EMC Presales
Our sales professionals rely on proactive technical support during the sales process – and our expert Systems Engineering team always steps up to the mark. We lead the development and implementation of complex and specialized products, applications, services and solutions. From delivering sales presentations and product demonstrations, to developing detailed installations or system integration plans, we ensure customers get the innovative, relevant, interoperable solutions they need.
We are a global organization of dedicated technical solution designers and well-trained product advisors with a love for supporting our customers’ success. We come from engineering, liberal arts, and sales backgrounds, and we partner with other specialists from our family of companies to guarantee the best service and solutions for our clients. We are thought leaders who innovate together as a community, and we are connected by a global leadership that is focused solely on supporting and enabling our systems engineers. Those who join us have a track record that demonstrates they are passionately curious, supportive in teams and to customers, and have the tenacity to problem solve. Our mission is to Lead and architect our customers’ transformation through solution-oriented technical wins, leveraging the Dell Technologies Portfolio.
What You’ll Do
- Create long-term professional and personal relationships with customers, partners, and teammates to facilitate effective information exchanges with the goal of enabling customer transformations that drive human progress
- Serve as Trusted Advisor to customers, partners, and teammates by performing effective discovery of technical and business requirements, processing the data objectively, and designing the most effective data center infrastructure solutions
- Collaborate with teammates, partners, and customers, encouraging different points-of-view and ensuring diversity of thought in the technical sales process of driving towards a recommended solution
- Think creatively to design data center solutions that encompass the breadth of the Dell Technologies portfolio while addressing identified business challenges and providing the desired business outcome
- Demonstrate a passionate curiosity about learning; specifically, commit to learning the Dell Technologies data center infrastructure portfolio, competitive offerings, general IT changes, combined with customer and industry trends
- Complete administrative and technical sales documentation tasks
- Capably communicate to groups of varying size by leveraging tools such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, web conferencing, and white boarding
- You have an education in a technical discipline (Information Technology, ITM, MIS, Technology, etc.) or experience that demonstrates your technical aptitude & ability to quickly learn complex concepts (Engineering, Computer Science, Business, Math, Applied Sciences, etc.).
- Your previous roles have been any combination of the following: 1 year in Presales, 2+ years in IT, or 2+ years in roles that were technically focused, highly focused on customers, required problem solving and/or innovation, and/or demonstrated ability and preference for learning.
- You have a proven track record that demonstrates your behavioural attributes, creative problem solving, and a willingness to learn.
- Ultimately, if you have a passion for technology & people, enjoy creating value driven solutions with a bias towards innovation, then we want you to join the Dell EMC Presales team.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
As members of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancies and ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible.
If you require any assistance in applying for an open position or have any specific requirements to attend an interview, please contact UK_Talent_Acquisition@Dell.com