GBS Planning & Financial Analysis Senior Advisor
Bratislava, SlovakiaJob ID R033784 Date posted Sep. 13, 2019
GBS Planning & Financial Analysis - Sr Advisor
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Planing & Financial Anallysis Senior Advisor on our Global Business Services team in Bratislava.
Every day at Dell, ground-breaking innovation is driven by talented people. Resource Management makes sure our organization always has the right people in the right teams, in the right numbers at the right times. We work closely with assigned business units or segments to coordinate demand and capacity planning. Accurately projecting resource needs, we make sure headcount gives Dell all the scope necessary to meet global demand. Defining long-term strategies while delivering what’s vital right now, we constantly stay a step ahead of change.
Develops models and measurements to deliver quantified insights to enable business to understand and achieve performance goals. Working closely with finance, responsible for developing and maintaining models to monitor performance, while providing analysis to support strategic goals. Consolidates demand and staffing data from owned by capacity planners in the CCO team to translate into financial impacts. Uses forecasted and actual workload demand and staffing data to quantify historical impacts and predict future needs, quantifying the reasons for changes in staffing in terms of demand, efficiency and programmatic impacts.
Partners with business to understand volume drivers, channel mix shifts and/or discuss appropriate assumptions used in monthly/quarterly forecast process. Creates the quarterly financial forecast demand and/or headcount plan for the business in coordination with finance and the senior leadership team, which becomes the operational opex plan for the quarter and subsequent quarters.
- Works in coordination with finance to ensure that headcount plan does not exceed financial forecast budget on a quarterly level and budgeted headcount in updated outlook model within guidelines of financial forecast objectives.
- Plans and monitors the workload volumes by function to ensure that the Business meets their objectives for managing customer contacts.
- Provides guidance to business initiatives, validates business assumptions to enhance customer support capabilities or reduce costs. while providing analytical support surrounding business impact associated with initiatives.
- Benchmarks with other areas regarding planning process improvements & drives standardization of processes within the GBS planning team
- Manages projects independently bringing recommendations to management, presents problem analysis and recommended solutions in a creative and logical manner
- Ability to interface with remote business partners and support organizations
- Performs in a team lead capacity regularly mentoring, coaching and reviewing the work of less experienced team members
- Analyzes data and assesses opportunities for improving performance while driving efficiencies and opex
- Solid knowledge of forecasting/planning models, analytical skills and experience & solid PC skills in Microsoft Excel
- 8+ years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination, of education and work experience and Fluent English
Salary: starting from 2533 EUR Gross/monthly
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’ve got the head for complex planning and your heart is driven by challenge and change, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.