Senior Sales Specialist Networking and Security NSX
Braselton, GeorgiaJob ID R1900782 Date posted Mar. 15, 2019
VMware NSX is a network virtualization platform that delivers the operational model of a virtual machine for the network. Virtual networks reproduce the network model in software, allowing complex multi-tier network topologies to be created and provisioned programmatically in seconds. NSX includes a library of logical networking services – logical switches, logical routers, logical firewalls, logical load balancers, logical VPN, QoS, and distributed security. The NSX virtualization platform is helping hundreds of customers realize the full potential of a Software Defined Data Center. This is an opportunity to join an exciting and rapidly growing business within VMware.
You can learn more about us here: http://www.vmware.com/products/nsx/
The Senior Account Executive within the Network and Security Business Unit (NSBU) is responsible for a coordinated sales approach with VMware’s NSX internal and external sales team. This extended team drives toward a common goal within a set number of healthcare Accounts. The mission of this group is to broaden the reach of these accounts in order to ensure the VMware NSX foothold across the assigned regions. We regard our solution set as a ‘platform’ within an account that changes the role that IT plays within that account from being considered a cost burden to a strategic deployment. The ideal location for this role is Atlanta area. Travel is required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- In this Sales Specialist role, you are responsible for selling VMware NSX network virtualization and security solutions into Healthcare Accounts
- You help drive account portfolio sales strategy and focus on top accounts and establish sales cadence with the corporate account team
- You will be responsible for leveraging channel partners during your sales cycle
- You move the transaction through the entire sales cycle
- You are responsible for driving virtualization adoption and identify new opportunities in Tier 1 accounts
- You will solidify existing customer accounts and elevate VMware to a more strategic position
- You will help identify and match the VMware NSX solution to the customer’s business needs and technical requirements
- Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, empathy, collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, trustworthiness, and good-natured fun.
BA/BS degree or higher, or equivalent job-related experience
- Estimated travel of between 30% and 50% depending on the density and size of the territory
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to
providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications,
without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity
and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.