Technical Support Engineer - Level 3
Bracknell, United KingdomJob ID R89064 Date posted Feb. 07, 2019
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
This role sits within RSA Security, part of Dell Technologies. RSA Business-Driven Security™ solutions help customers comprehensively and rapidly link security incidents with business context, enabling them to respond effectively and protect what matters most. Our award-winning solutions for threat detection and response, identity and access assurance, consumer fraud protection, and business risk management help RSA customers thrive in an uncertain, high-risk world.
The RSA Netwitness Suite - Technical Support Engineer - Level 3 applies advanced systems level technical expertise to resolve highly complex systems level customer issues. Customer issues may be received via voice initiated calls or emails from RSA Customers or RSA Field/Sales personnel, and Web Support portal.
• Applies advanced technical expertise using standard operating and diagnostic protocols to resolve standard to highly complex system level issues. Identify, document and escalate customer issues to senior resources.
• Effectively communicates procedural and technical issues to internal and external customers in a fast paced and customer critical environment. Maintains a "closed-loop" communication style assuring all appropriate individuals are notified of ongoing issues and problem resolution status. Responsible for sharing all acquired knowledge concerning problem resolution. . Contributes to centralized problem identification and resolution database may provide senior or expert level tasks similar to Engineering for assigned products or skills.
• Uses judgment, creativity and sound technical knowledge to obtain and recommend solutions. Identifies, documents and reports design, reliability and maintenance issues. Gains support and commitment from others and mobilizes people to take action. Understands and leverages EMC''s technical communication structure. Sphere of influence extends well outside of the department.
• Leads efforts in facilitating problem recreation and failure analysis of systems level issues. Recommends and utilizes a wide variety of test equipment, diagnostic tools and techniques used in problem resolution. May provide documentation and direct feedback to Technical Account Managers, Escalation Managers, Sales and other RSA Technical Support co-workers as appropriate.
• Monitors and tracks all service calls, provides call status updates at regular intervals and communicates status to customers using Salesforce
• Validates technical information and issues early warnings and disseminates information as needed.
• As a 24X7X365 organization shift work, holidays and on-call responsibilities may be required
- Deep Unix/Linux knowledge with strong command line experience. Windows systems knowledge.
- Able to use advanced debugging techniques including analysis of dump files, tracing, and performance tuning and monitoring.
- Understands the essentials of TCP/IP and hands-on experience with configuring and troubleshooting network services.
- Knowledge of IDS/IPS, VPN, routers, switches, firewalls
- Working knowledge of puppet and RabbitMQ
- IntermediateUNIX/Linux shell scripting experience
- Deep understanding of DNS, Syslog, NTP, SNMP, networking and routing concepts required
- Experience with IDS and SIEM
- Windows SQL Server 2003/2008 installations, integration and configuration
- Technical certifications (RHCE, CCNA, CEH, CISSP) are desireable
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.