Technical Support Engineer 1
Bracknell, United KingdomJob ID R24953 Date posted Mar. 14, 2019
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
This role sits within RSA Security, part of Dell Technologies. RSA Business-Driven Security™ solutions help customers comprehensively and rapidly link security incidents with business context, enabling them to respond effectively and protect what matters most. Our award-winning solutions for threat detection and response, identity and access assurance, consumer fraud protection, and business risk management help RSA customers thrive in an uncertain, high-risk world.
RSA Identity Governance & Lifecycle - Technical Support Engineer - Level 1 applies technical support expertise to resolve customer issues. Responsible for providing telephone, email and remote diagnostic technical support you will works closely with peers, SMEs and other internal parties to increase knowledge and resolve customer issues.
- Applies technical support expertise to resolve customer issues.
- After training/learning, manages own schedule of cases, which includes determining priority levels and negotiating/setting customer expectations.
- Monitors and tracks service calls, provides call status updates at regular intervals to customers using Salesforce.
- Identifies and provides resolutions to technical problems. Uses trouble-shooting tools, content and analytical practices to help determine how to resolve identified and unidentified problems.
- Should understand customer systems, environment, configuration, and be able to duplicate reported problems if necessary or possible, analyze problems, identify user/configuration errors, or identify defects in the product and recommend workarounds and solutions.
- Contribute to centralized problem identification and resolution database, and create Customer facing Knowledge Articles.
- As a 24 X 7 X 365 organization shift work, holidays and on-call responsibilities may be required.
- Customer facing experience and strong customer orientation and dedication to customer excellence.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, both technical and non-technical.
- Highly analytical, extreme attention to details and the ability to derive facts quickly, methodically, and accurately.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Familiar with windows and Linux from a system administrator perspective.
- Understanding of Linux administration
- Basic understanding of SOAP/REST
- Basic AD/DNS understanding
- Basic VMWare administration knowledge
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.