GBO Business Partner UK/I Enterprise Sales
Brentford, United KingdomJob ID R037802 Date posted Oct. 10, 2019
Finance Business Partner UK/I Enterprise Sales
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Finance partner on our Global Business operations team in Brentford.
World-leading approaches in finance are fundamental to our success. Our Financial Analysis team has a broad and important responsibility. We rely on our analysts to develop, interpret and implement financial concepts for planning and control. Their technical analysis of present and future financial performance informs all kinds of management decisions and strategies. And their research has an impact on everything from acquisitions and investments to customer deals, working capital requirements and forecasting.
The GBO Business Partner role sits within the Global Business Operations function. We are a diverse team who want to know the answer - constantly trying to make sense of the complexity of day to day business, simplify for the rest of our organisation and add insight and value to our partners. We partner across the whole Sales and Finance organisation to help understand and drive our business forward. We work with our teams to ensure that the business understands the opportunities ahead of our organisation. We partner with the Sales Directors across the UK and Ireland, supporting the UK CFO across a wide array of topics from deal structuring to forecast accuracy. You will not be bored - we operate in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Your primary internal customer is our talented and focused Sales Directors and their teams and you will combine both financial expertise and commercial acumen to constructively challenge as well as provide valuable insight to support the decision making process.
- You will support and collaborate with multiple functions within the business working closely with Finance, Sales Operations, Pricing, Legal and other cross functional business units.
- You will help with structuring major business deals by identifying commercial and operational risks, together with your cross functional team, implementing creative solutions to mitigate those risks. Along the way, you will interact with senior representatives of most, if not all of Dell’s internal functions.
- You will operate in a dynamic, fast paced, fun and rewarding environment. You will be a trusted strategic business partner. You will have a significant amount of responsibility and your job will directly impact the trajectory of the business. To this end, you will be proactive, use your initiative, apply professional judgment, broad business and commercial acumen and common sense at all times.
- Knowledge of revenue recognition i.e. USGAAP
- Strong Financial awareness and analytical skills
- Risk mitigation skills
- Ability to think tactically, strategically and creatively
- Sophisticated interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand financial drivers and outcomes in the business and explain these to non-financial colleagues
- Educated to degree standard with a professional Accounting qualification, or part-qualified, or qualified by commercial experience
- Proven Commercial Finance experience within a large multinational organisation
- Experience of working in a business-facing Finance business partnering role and a pragmatic and adaptable outlook
- Ability to utilise data information to identify and forecast trends, understanding impact, opportunities, costs and risks to the business
- Strong leadership and influencing skills with an emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have the analytical acumen to influence significant decisions across a global business, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: 18th December 2019.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
If you require any assistance in applying for an open position or have specific requirements to attend an interview, please contact UK_Talent_Acquisition@Dell.com
We are a Disability Confident Committed Employer and aim to ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible.