Advisor, Technical Data Scientist, FCM
,Remote - United Kingdom (All Other), Bracknell, United Kingdom;Brentford, United Kingdom;Edinburgh, United Kingdom;Glasgow, United Kingdom;London, United Kingdom;Manchester, United Kingdom;Remote - United Kingdom (London-Thames Valley);Remote - United Kingdom (Scotland)Job ID R039001 Date posted Nov. 08, 2019
Advisor, Technical Data Scientist, Flexible Consumption Modelling (FCM)
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and the technology we provide transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We recognize that over 100,000 employees across six continents have different interests and aspirations. We inspire, challenge and respect each and every one of them, every day. And we provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as an Advisor, Technical Data Scientist, on our FCMteam in the UK, working remotely.
Provides technical consultative services during the pre-sales and/or post-sales cycle for Flexible Consumption Models. Provides technical knowledge transfer training sessions for colleagues within the Openscale Payment Solutions group.
You will need to be a strong communicator so that you can explain complex data problems to internal stakeholders who might not be as technically literate as you. You will need to have an excellent understanding of what impact data has to the business in both the short and long-term. Key areas of responsibility will be:
- Quality assurance in support of our Business As Usual (BAU) billing and capacity management operations for Flexondemand and Datacenter Utility. Including, billing calculation, operation management and output validation and escalation and recovery management for identified issues
- Data source investigation and validation work: Identifying new data sources for (new, existing or expanded) assets within the OpenScale portfolio and working with internal Engineering teams to ensure that contractually required data is available prior to any new product launch
- Contract technical understanding: Relating asset configurations to contracts; explain the implications of any contractual restrictions against existing industry best practice recommendations
- Development and automation: Scripting, programming and coding solutions to gather, process and report on data; Develop reports and mine data in new and novel ways to present new business opportunities and cost reduction strategies
- BSc (or higher) in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or other relevant area from a top-tier University.
- Strong data modelling and reporting experience and strong cloud architect and virtualization experience
- Technical experience within the Dell EMC product portfolio
- Strong Excel skills (Pivot Tables, Macros, VBA Modelling)
- Ability to work remotely and closely with peers around the world
- Significant experience in a pre-sales, technical architect or data science related role.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Closing date: 18.11.19
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
"LI PRIORITY" "LIPRIORITY"