Sales Specialist, Cloud Native
Boston, MassachusettsJob ID R1906768 Date posted May. 22, 2019
Sales Specialist, Cloud Native
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Job Role and Responsibilities
Containers have revolutionized agility and rapid software delivery for any enterprise across the globe. Kubernetes is the single largest open source project with a wide ecosystem of companies contributing daily to enable enterprise workloads to operate at scale. VMW is uniquely positioned with its Cloud Native Applications, including VMW PKS (Pivotal C(K)ontainer Services, developed in partnership with Pivotal (PVTL), which enables enterprises to use their virtualized environment to run containers in production, at unparalleled security & scale, today.
The Sales Specialist will deliver on VMWare’s value proposition to build mind share and adoption of our cloud and virtualization technologies within our Enterprise Accounts. You'll enable VMWare’s major enterprise customers to define, develop, and deploy their next-generation container & cloud strategies. Our Cloud Native Applications include VMW PKS, today. This position demands deep knowledge of development cycles, IT Operations including DevOps, open source, subscription and SaaS licensing to have meaningful conversations with our customers and bring value to the equation.
We are looking for a proven and experienced, but dynamic and creative Sales Specialist. The individual will sell VMware’s CNA products using an extended team that includes VMware’s core sales force, SEs, OEM partners and channel partners. This includes prospecting, developing, forecasting and closing opportunities directly and through channels. This extended team is driven to a common goal within an assigned territory.
- Sell across your assigned territory driving account sales strategy and establishing sales cadence with core account teams
- Responsible for moving transactions through the entire sales cycle, from early prospecting to forecasting to closure
- Adopt account portfolio sales enablement and strategy with channel partners
- Collaborate with Systems Engineers, Product Management, Marketing, Inside Sales and the Channel to ensure complete coverage of entire account portfolio.
- Prospect new opportunities within your territory
- Match the CNA solution to the customer’s mission needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Develop solution proposals, RFI/P encompassing all aspects of PKS
- Work closely with Enterprise Architects, DevOps, Cloud Architects and senior IT executives to successfully move each opportunity through the evaluation process of the customer
- Participate in the development, presentation, and sales of our value proposition
- 8+ years of experience in related software industry, with SaaS and/or subscription software sales experience
- Experience selling in both a direct and an indirect or channel driven model
- Experience selling software through Subscriptions, SaaS besides perpetual licensing
- Experience in sales campaigns that include sales executives, field SEs, Inside Sales, Field Marketing, Services, etc.
- Ability to operate in large, complex, matrixed organizations
- Experience selling platform products, such as Containers, Virtualization, Operating Systems, SAN systems, Databases, and other enterprise infrastructure
- Industry expertise in Cloud Native Applications, especially experience in selling to virtualization in enterprise IT departments
- Consistent track record of successful selling in a highly competitive environment
- Experience penetrating new “green-field” accounts and establish relationships at the senior leadership level or with relevant partners within accounts
- Able to own a high-volume, transactional business with many deals being developed and closed at a time
- Open Source software experience
- Advanced skills in strategic and value selling, including managing six and seven figure transactions
- Success winning net new accounts, as well as selling into white space within existing install base
- Highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team
- Travel: 50% of the time
This position is eligible for the GrowSDDCsales referral campaign
VMware will not sponsor a visa for this role.