Staff Engineer - DevOps
Boston, MassachusettsJob ID R1900329 Date posted Jan. 18, 2019
CloudHealth by VMware is the global market leader in Cloud Service Management, and the most trusted software platform used to accelerate business transformation in the cloud. We are searching for dedicated and versatile engineers, who are passionate about working in a company whose culture is fanatical about innovation and fixated on delivering software products that solve our customers’ most challenging business needs. As a Staff Engineer - DevOps, you’ll have the opportunity to make a significant and direct impact on our products, platform, and tackle some of the most complex challenges in cloud computing.
Why we are excited about YOU:
You bring knowledge to the table which will help us augment and reinvent the processes which keep development running smoothly at CloudHealth. You look to build out new systems to fit new needs and are not skittish when it comes to improving an already-deployed system. You look to learn about technologies outside of your realm of expertise from your teammates and are passionate about teaching them likewise. Furthermore, you wish to have an impact on the largest number of other engineers possible.
- Collaborate with the Executive Team, Product Management, Architects, and existing engineering teams to design, develop, and publish software, processes, and workflows supporting a highly available, fault-tolerant SaaS platform.
- Maintain and actively harden infrastructure shared among multiple development teams.
- Build out continuously deliverable application deployment workflows using Helm, Jenkins, and Kubernetes.
- Assist development teams in becoming self-sufficient in designing microservices architectures, supported by Docker and Kubernetes.
- Participate in service-level monitoring, metrics gathering, and an on-call rotation using Datadog and Sensu, and PagerDuty.
- Work across the company to identify and implement new ideas and mature existing processes.
- Actively solve problems using modern open source technologies and techniques.
- 6 or more years of experience running Linux-based systems in a production environment.
- One or more years of experience running Kubernetes in a production, customer-facing environment.
- Demonstrable experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins preferred).
- The ability to debug complicated issues with others in a group setting.
- Comfort learning new tools and technologies to serve new purposes.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Bonus Points for:
- Big Data technologies such as Hadoop or HBase.
- Administration of technologies like MySQL, Redis, ElasticSearch or Resque.
- Monitoring and tuning a large-install containerized system using tools such as Datadog and Prometheus.
- Log aggregation at scale using tools such as ELK or Splunk.
- Sizing hardware and measuring the resulting performance.
We're already intrigued, but would love experience with: