Senior Systems Engineer (Commercial Pre-Sales)
Columbus, Ohio, Blue Ash, Ohio, United States;Independence, Ohio, United StatesJob ID R037619 Date posted Oct. 02, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Systems Engineer on our Commercial ASE team in Columbus, OH.
Our field sales professionals rely on proactive technical support during the sales process – and our expert Systems Engineering team always steps up to the mark. We lead the development and implementation of complex and specialized products, applications, services and solutions. From delivering sales presentations and product demonstrations, to developing detailed installations or system integration plans, we ensure customers get the innovative, relevant, interoperable solutions they need.
- Research industry agendas aligning to technology pressures to showcase Dell Technologies portfolio of solutions which align to deliver business outcomes.
- Presents and markets the technical design and business value of proposed Dell Technologies solutions and business case to customers, prospects and Dell EMC management.
- Successfully builds and maintains relationships with key decision makers and influencers from CxO level to enterprise architects to delivery.
- Develop a joint comprehensive portfolio of industry and application solutions.
- Successfully builds and maintains relationships with the broader account team, global services and partners in support of sales team objectives and engages and leverages corporate resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate.
- Collaborate with Sales to create, maintain and communicate a federated account plan to the federated virtual team.
- Develop and communicates competitive frameworks and solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objectives that arise in a sales campaign.
- Participates in and contributes to key vertical industry forums.
- Strong industry experience - Healthcare, Retail, Manufacturing, Telco
- Typically requires 8+ years of sales engineering experience and a Bachelor's degree.
- Expertise in multiple areas as it relates to cloud architecture including virtualization, SAN, NAS, iSCSI, Flash, converged/hyper-converged, server technology etc.
- Understands how to develop and manage a portfolio of solutions.
- Working knowledge of IT infrastructure architectures, distributed systems and platform operating systems.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, results-driven personality.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Solid organizational and program management skills.
- Effective mentor and coach.
- Team leadership qualities.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have the technical skills to take our sales to the next level, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.