Senior Cloud Service Delivery Lead
Blue Ash, Ohio, Remote - Ohio, United StatesJob ID R035905 Date posted Sep. 30, 2019
Virtustream Cloud Service Delivery Lead
Location: Blue Ash, Ohio Area
Virtustream, a Dell Technologies business, is the enterprise-class cloud company that is trusted by organizations worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud. For enterprises, service providers and government agencies, Virtustream’s xStream® Management Platform and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) meets the security, compliance, performance, efficiency and consumption-based billing requirements of complex production applications in the cloud – whether private, public or hybrid.
We are seeking an experienced people and business manager who provides leadership, mentorship, value and practice accountability for a division/competency/country, in the services strategy and offerings, sales and delivery capability and overall performance and execution of the business plan.
- Will work closely with sales and delivery teams to coordinate and conduct the delivery of high-level complex solutions.
- Manages critical metrics for successful performance including revenue, bookings and utilization targets.
- Responsibility for development of new services and solutions, internal and external thought leadership, and knowledge management.
- Maintains pipeline of talent and is responsible for recruiting and developing a team for a division/competency/country who can help grow and drive Dell's business strategy.
- Guides practice team to effectively deliver Dell solutions and provide continual practice growth.
- Monitors practice job performance and provides coaching, counseling, and motivation to maximize practice performance.
- Ensures that full life cycle delivery costs are within or better than the delivery costs contracted according to the service level agreement.
- Coordinates the activities of technical solution team members to meet contract obligations.
- Provides complex metrics and reporting support to all relevant stakeholders.
- Proactively identifies potential issues and drives resolution to avoid customer impact and facilitate continuous improvement.
- Identifies opportunities for growth and innovation.
- Builds and sustains effective communications with all stakeholders and cross-functional teams in an effort to maximize the customer experience and relationships.
- Ensures continuous team development and Employee Net promoter scores.
- Managing smaller group of Delivery Management and Account Management team members.
- Responsible for large enterprise sized accounts
- Takes the lead role in managing customer relationships.
- Mentors team members on delivery management best practices and process improvement opportunities.
- Manages and controls expense for the organization while ensuring resource optimization.
- Ensures team achieves performance and customer services metrics.
- Resolves escalated problems to maintain strong customer experience levels.
- Responsible for delivering in a semi-matrixed global delivery model. Tight alignment and partnering with Sales, Pre-Sales and Professional Services within the region to create synergy and grow the business.
MUST HAVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 8-10 years of Account and/or Program Management experience and a Bachelors’ degree in Information Systems, Economics, Business, Math or Statistics or equivalent
- Strong experience with Account / Service Delivery in SAP environments
- Excellent knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure and migrations is required, as well as, practical or contextual understanding of cloud architecture and IaaS operations model. Knowledge of cloud computing concepts, software, and systems (i.e. networking, virtualization, VMware, hypervisors)
- Experience in a Managed Services environment and Day to Day operations a must. (Either as a customer or vendor.)
- Commercial experience – opportunity development (farming), Pre-sales support, account management strategy and plan development, contract negotiation, Onboarding and Delivery.
- Must have experience with Mission Critical Applications (Financial Systems/Billing Systems/Procurement Systems)
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Strong knowledge of enterprise technology infrastructure (i.e. converged networks, Storage Area Networks [SANs] servers, enterprise server software including Windows Server, Linux, and monitoring technologies) is preferred.
- Ability to interface with clients at the CxO level is required, previous experience preferred
- Management and Leadership experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dellhere.