Test Principal Engineer -India-R&D
Bengaluru, IndiaJob ID R29610 Date posted Mar. 22, 2019
Job Title : Test Principal Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Test Principal Engineer for our team in Bangalore.
When your products transform the way we live and work, nothing can be left to chance. Our Test Engineering team takes charge of the testing, evaluation and validation of all our devices. We’re a team of expert engineers responsible for the development of all test cases and test tools to ensure the functionality and compatibility of our products. We’re involved in the whole testing process from preparing test and diagnostic programs to recommending changes in testing equipment procedures and designing new testing equipment.
Why Work For Us:
Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from all across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
- Work with a team of developers and testers in a highly agile environment to produce high quality software.
- Proficient in identifying use cases and impact assessment by going through Behavioral Specifications & HLD for existing products.
- Should understand the product architecture and assist test leads in deriving White box and Black box test strategy/coverage
- Design and develop automation framework for product validation
- Should be able to develop in house tools to ease the validation barriers. Also expect to demonstrate new ideas through prototypes/Proof of Concepts
- Keeping up to date with emerging technologies (AI, ML, DL) and developments trends to assess impact of the projects
- Should be able to conduct training/mentoring leads in the test group.
- Participate and identify risk in every stage of the project (Design, develop, planning, test entry, exit etc.)
- Responsible for test strategy, test coverage of the system management products. Should work across groups to drive efficiency by optimizing and eliminating redundancy in test cycles.
- Detailed knowledge of the Agile Software Development Life Cycle and implementing agile principles.
- Should represent and advocate validation group in all technical forums. Manages and communicate all relevant stake holders throughout all phases of a release.
- Should be able to plan and implement change management for short and long term strategies such as retiring legacy systems, migrating to new systems without impacting productivity.
- Should possess Masters/PHD in computer science with minimum of 10+ years of experience
- Should possess minimum 5 years of experience in NMS domain for system management products.
- Experience in designing and developing tools or test automation frameworks using Java, C++ or Python technologies.
- Should have good understanding of White Box testing concepts and best practices
- Should have strong understanding of OOPs, SDLC, STLC
- Proficient in C++, Python or Java, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems (IDEs and Frameworks)
- Experience in implementing, consuming and testing Web services SOAP and Rest APIs would be an added advantage.
- Experience in testing NMS products would be an added advantage.
- Having exposure to plugin architecture framework is an added advantage.
- Having exposure to predictive QA/ Artificial Intelligence /Machine learning is an advantage.
- Should have an employed technology such as simulation, emulators in their testing.
Our Employee Value Proposition:
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.