Test Principal Engineer India-R&D
Bengaluru, IndiaJob ID R35726 Date posted Mar. 18, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a – Test Principal Engineer
Why Work For Us:
Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from all across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
Our Employee Value Proposition:
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
- To work closely with projects to understand the security testing needs, identify the scope and effort estimation
- Prepare and present the security testing proposal
- Assist the practice lead in developing new service offerings, sales collaterals, case studies, white papers, blogs, webinars etc.
- Lead a team in execution of security testing projects
- Participate in calls to understand the application security testing requirements
- Prepare security test cases based on the scenarios identified
- Perform automated security scan on the application using web vulnerability scanner and analyze the findings manually to identify false positives
- Conduct a manual security review to check for business logic flaws
- Report all the identified security vulnerabilities in the defect tracking tool
- Demonstrate security vulnerabilities found during testing to developers, help them in understanding the impact of the Vulnerability
- Provide high level recommendation for defect fixing
- Follow up with developers for closure of open defects
- Initiate and drive defect review calls with customer/development teams, highlight the risk associated with open security vulnerabilities.
- To stay abreast of new developments and technologies in the area of functional and non-functional testing.
- To collaborate with and mentor team members.
- Provide oversight and leadership to team. Manage and develop staff, set goals and priorities, resolve conflicting direction and serve as subject matter expert for the team on a day to day basis.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills within a multi-tasking environment
- Proactively learn and utilize new technologies, concepts, and procedures as appropriate
- Organizational skills required to track, prioritize, and ensure proper completion of the team's work.
- Strong people management skills and experience working as part of a cross functional team.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations is required
Required Experience / Skills
- Experience in Security Testing or Security Consulting field
- Experience in leading a team in security testing projects
- Experience in preparing proposals and other sales collaterals
- Profiling an application, identifying threats, and developing test cases/scenarios to target identified threats
- Ability to follow an in-depth black/grey box penetration testing process
- Identify and exploit vulnerabilities in applications, networks and databases i.e. at all levels of the software stack
- Exposure to Intercepting proxies (port scanners, vulnerability scanners, local proxies etc.)
- Strong Web application and Web services security testing experience
- Good understanding of various protocols such as HTTP/HTTPS
- Good understanding of various security standards
- Good documentation and reporting skills including documenting identified issues and exploits
- Either one of the certification from CEH / OSCP / CISSP or equivalent
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of Windows & Linux operating systems – File permissions, processes, shell scripting, sockets
- Expert in command line tools, utilities & scripting – comfortable with DOS/PowerShell prompt or terminal, Python/Perl, PHP
- Good understanding of how to interact with database and exploit using SQL injection
- Master in networking and protocols to the packet level using packet sniffing tool called Wireshark. In depth understanding of various protocols – e.g. HTTP
- Hands on with tools – Nessus, nmap, Burp, etc.
- Hands on with Security tools and product – Fortify, AppScan etc.
- Ability to perform Vulnerability analysis and reverse engineering
- Have a desire and drive to learn new stuff. This is a must to keep up to date with latest industry trends in security domain
- Should possess any of the below or any Penetration Certification
- CEH: Certified Ethical Hacker
- CPT: Certified Penetration Tester
- CEPT: Certified Expert Penetration Tester
- GPEN: GIAC Certified Penetration Tester
- OSCP: Offensive Security Certified Professional
- CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- GCIH: GIAC Certified Incident Handler
- GCFE: GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner
- GCFA: GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst
- CCFE: Certified Computer Forensics Examiner
- CREA: Certified Reverse Engineering Analyst
Development experience in building Server System Management based products
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re keen to push the boundaries of test engineering, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here