Technical Support Engineer 1
Bengaluru, IndiaJob ID R76822 Date posted Nov. 06, 2018
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as an Technical Support Engineer 1on our CS-RSA team in Bangalore
With a global remit, our Technical Program Management professionals lead cross-functional product design teams to develop and introduce game-changing new products and solutions. It’s about making sure we offer customers the right features, experience, quality, schedule, cost, continuity of supply, service capability and financials. And when products and solutions are in development, it’s about driving everything from definition through to planning, development and launch across global development centers and multiple lines of business. The team is also crucial to getting shipping right. All in all, it is a fascinating and incredibly varied area.
Company Details: Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We believe in working together to build a brighter future, celebrating the entrepreneurial spirit that lives inside us all, and marrying innovation with action. Dell is proud to offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Why Work For Us: Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from all across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
Our Employee Value Proposition: Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
RSA, The Security Division of DellEMC, is the premier provider of security, risk and compliance management solutions for business acceleration. RSA helps the world's leading organizations solve their most complex and sensitive security challenges. These challenges include managing organizational risk, safeguarding mobile access and collaboration, proving compliance, and securing virtual and cloud environments. Combining business-critical controls in identity assurance, encryption and key management, SIEM, data loss prevention, continuous network monitoring, and fraud protection with industry leading eGRC capabilities and robust consulting services, RSA brings visibility and trust to millions of user identities, the transactions that they perform and the data that is generated.
Summary: The Technical Support Engineer will provide remote technical customer support for RSA Fraud and Risk Intelligence (FRI) products. FRI suite is a collection of products with comprehensive risk based authentication and fraud detection platform that takes a risked-based approach to enabling strong, multifactor authentication using device forensics, behavioral analysis, and RSA eFraudNetwork matching.
Role and responsibilities:
- Applies basic systems level technical expertise to resolve systems level customer issues. Uses independent judgment to accomplish objectives.
- Works closely with Engineering, Professional Services and other technical business units geographically located in EMEA, APJ and US to increase knowledge and resolve customer issues.
- Identifies and provides resolutions to a diverse range of technical problems.
- Engineers provide problem determination and resolution for customer issues.
- Develop and implement resolutions to identified problems, and follows standard practices and procedures.
- May need to engage or escalate to more senior resources to resolve more complex issues.
- Develops broad knowledge of the organization's mission and strategy and relates it to day-to-day issues.
- Applies basic technical expertise using standard operating and diagnostic protocols to resolve standard to highly complex system level issues. Identifies, documents and escalates customer issues to senior resources.
- Should understand customer systems, environment, configuration, and be able to duplicate reported problems if necessary or possible, analyze problems, identify user/configuration errors, or identify defects in the product and recommend workarounds and solutions.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of Java programming concepts, SQL, Windows, UNIX, LINUX, as well as web based applications and technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative in identifying and resolving technical problems at customer sites via telephone and email, email and Webex/live session troubleshooting.
- Highly analytical with extreme attention to details and the ability to derive facts quickly, methodically, and accurately.
- A quick learner capable of working independently on complex networking and application problems requiring individualized analyses of situations, data and an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Ability to document and effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both technical and non-technical.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you are ready to take ownership of ambitious and ground-breaking technical programs, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.