Technical Content Developer 3 - India R&D
Bengaluru, IndiaJob ID R77187 Date posted Jul. 10, 2019
Title - Technical Content Developer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Technical Content Developer on our Information Development team in Bangalore.
Why Work For Us:
Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from all across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
Products as innovative as Dell’s need to be backed up with clear and accessible technical documentation. Quite simply, this content is the gateway to a new world of possibilities for our customers. Of course, they may not be technically proficient. So it’s the role of our Technical Writers to make sure everybody can understand and use the material we provide. Developing, planning, writing and editing content, the team works closely with diverse internal customers and external organizations. There’s always something new to explore and explain.
- Creates and revises technical information, including installation, operation and maintenance instructions, and other types of technical content such as video scripts, blog posts, flowcharts, technical advisories, and release notes.
- Works with editors, incorporating editorial feedback to ensure that company style and standards are appropriately expressed in technical content and media
- Publishes content to a variety of outputs, including PDF documents, web pages, blog articles, wikis, videos, and online help systems.
- Participates in content development planning, coordinates, and executes content development plans under general direction.
- Exerts sphere of influence outside the immediate work group or department. Represents the organization on project teams and may perform technical project leadership roles while fostering collaboration within and across work groups.
- Implements information design and delivery strategy, and recommends process improvements.
- Contributes to content plans that include user stories. Evaluates technical content against user information requirements.
- Acts as a customer advocate in UI development activities and provides verbiage based on customer workflows and use cases.
- Ability to analyze information and draw accurate conclusions.
- Communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Project management skills.
- Mentoring/Coaching skills.
Education and Experience - 5+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3+ years with a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of industry standards such as DITA, XML, and HTML
- Understanding of technical content authoring and UX workflows
- Knowledge of job related content authoring, publishing, and graphic design tools
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have the writing skills to make the most complex and innovative technology accessible to anyone, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Our Employee Value Proposition:
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.