,Bangalore,India, VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.Job ID R1910894 Date posted Sep. 18, 2019
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Integrated System Business Unit (ISBU) mission is to create secure and agile hybrid clouds and to enable enterprises to run a spectrum of modern workloads, from mission critical workflows to apps leveraging containers, ML/AI, Blockchain, Big Data, FaaS, HPC infrastructure or other technologies in both private and public environments. For more information: https://www.vmware.com/products/cloud-foundation.html
Our Advanced Development and Innovation team is not cloistered in a separate lab but embedded within the engineering organization, allowing them to build promising ideas quickly and test them with customers. This is a high impact team that’s exploring concepts to build the next generation of products and services. Ideas come from our business, other BUs, Office of the CTO, through collaboration with research programs at partner universities, as well as customers. From prototyping implementations to designing new architectures, our team works on customer problems that advance building cloud based products and services.
Job Role and Responsibility:
We are searching for several talented, dynamic, hands-on Quality Engineers (QE) to be part of Failure Injection and Recovery analysis and validation team at VMware Hyperconverged Infrastructure Business Unit (HCIBU) division in Bangalore, India.
You will work closely with a team of software engineers and product managers on overall VMWare Software defined data center (SDDC) solution and the components of SDDC stack like vSphere, vSAN, NSX, vRealize Product Suite and solutions deployed on top of VMware SDDC like Containers, Wavefront, VDI etc. In this role, you will be involved in following activities:
- Continuous research on evolution of modernized SDDC requirement and customer implementation.
- Analyzing product architecture, customer reported issues and developing model to validate failure and recovery process.
- Perform failure injection, document recovery process and work towards improving product behavior in failure situation.
- Perform both manual and automated way of simulation of failure models, analyze expected and unexpected behaviors and report issues as applicable.
- Documentation of SDDC failure recovery process – publishing customer guidance document, white paper, blogs etc.
- Conducting training session to field facing team
- Act as a leader with vision for failure recovery function, always focusing on solving problems and implementing solutions
- Communicate with internal VMware teams distributed across geography, VMware customers and partners.
- Work independently and effectively within and across teams
In this role, you will work independently and as a member of a team of engineers creating technical content to ensure failure recovery procedures of VMWare SDDC solution. You have the ability to work in a fast pace environment demonstrating autonomy in conforming to strategic intent while adhering to team values.
- You have Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
- You have a proven track record of challenging projects, showing 8+ years of experience testing enterprise software
- You review requirements, build a test strategy, test plan, create, execute, automation, track defects and report results
- You have built and executed automated scripts or experience with automation tools (Python, Java, Perl)
- You have expert level, hands-on experience or knowledge with VMware products; at least one or more of following products highly preferred – NSX, VSAN, VSphere
- You have experience working in Windows and Linux environment and clear about operating system fundamentals (task scheduling, memory management).
- You have fair concept of Networking, Storage and Compute Virtualization.
- You have basic system administration knowledge (installing and configuring operating systems and hardware).
- You have knowledge of software engineering practices and software design principles.
- You have excellent communication skill both written, verbal and presented content.
Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, empathy, collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, trustworthiness, and good-natured fun. Additionally, we would like:
- You are organized and passionate about details; able to effectively perform multiple/concurrent tasks within deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- You have exposure to QE disciplines like System, Solution, Scale & Performance test.
- You have published white paper, knowledge based article, technical blogs.
For more information about VMWare Hyperconverged Infrastructure Business Unit (HCIBU): https://www.vmware.com/products/cloud-foundation.html
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.