Sr Analyst, IT Infrastructure
Bengaluru, IndiaJob ID R57889 Date posted Jul. 03, 2019
People make Dell – so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company? Virtustream is the enterprise-class cloud software and services provider trusted by enterprise customers worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud. Within the Virtustream at Dell EMC, we are looking for a Sr. Analyst, IT Infrastructure to join our team in Bangalore
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We believe in working together to build a brighter future, celebrating the entrepreneurial spirit that lives inside us all, and marrying innovation with action. Dell is proud to offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Why Work For Us: Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from all across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
Our Employee Value Proposition: Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
General Summary: Deploys new IT infrastructure architecture based on approved designs. Drives problem resolutions that have been escalated. Implements fixes for performance issues. Participates on cross functional teams to assist in design IT infrastructure architecture. Strong understanding and competence in virtual computing environment. Utilizes technical knowledge in cross-functional and intra-departmental efforts.
- Responsibility for the development and refinement of operational best practices as it relates to Virtustream Enterprise Cloud platform management & support
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies and products, including attaining certifications and participation in industry events as appropriate to continue to drive improved methodologies into the organization
- Work closely with the onboarding team to provision customers into the Virtustream Cloud Platform
- Support the customer base through a combination of ticket
- Works with vendors to resolve hardware and software issues
- Help in the gathering of data for capacity planning and performance analysis of infrastructure
- Assist in the development of automation tools
- Provides appropriate level of support and troubleshooting for incidents across the environment and escalates to next Tier if needed
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives, without appreciable direction
- Utilizes a variety of internal and external sources to investigate technology, build knowledge, and resolve incidents.
- Review documentation, diagrams, configurations, standard operating procedures, and tools and regularly contributes to internal knowledgebase and departmental documentation.
- Maintains professional demeanor under pressure possessing a can do attitude, to keep the resolution process moving in a positive direction
- Familiar with VMware infrastructure builds and Management
- Experience in Managing cloud infrastructure services and ability to adopt new technologies
- Compute – Cisco UCS blade & rack-mount servers, UCS Manager
- Virtualization – VMware vSphere
- Operating Systems – Windows, RHEL, Suse, Microsoft Windows
- Scripting – PowerShell, Salt, batch files, etc
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Willing to work 24*7 shifts
- High accountability for results
- Understanding of ITIL / ITSM with experience in ticketing (Service Now) and monitoring systems ( Monolytics, EM7 & Nimsoft etc.)
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.