Software Senior Principal Engineer (Cybersecurity) India-R&D
Bengaluru, IndiaJob ID R86371 Date posted Jun. 07, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Software Senior Principal Engineer in our SDS technologies team in Bangalore.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
- Research, design and support the implementation of information security solutions for the organization.
- Architect independently determine and develop approach to solutions under limited direction.
- Document security standards, solutions, data flows, procedures, and other technical information as directed.
- Evaluate and apply mature technologies to meet current or emerging business needs.
- Articulate Security Analysis findings and provide remediation strategies as well as Security Threat Modeling.
- Develop processes, architecture, and tools for improving operational efficiency.
- Provides expert technical advice to technical staff within the appropriate technical discipline.
- Mentor other members of the technical staff.
- Act as primary consultant to the business to elicit project-oriented business requirements
- Graduate BE/BTEch degree in computer science with a minimum of 15+ years of software development experience, or a Post graduate ME/MTech degree with 12+ years of experience.
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps/DevSecOps environment
- Proven track record demonstrating ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive. Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- Quick learner with motivation to learn new languages, technologies and frameworks (you will get opportunity to play with a lot of new technologies)
- Consult with software architect teams and provide guidance on:
- Secure Design Development and Application Security
- Infrastructure and application Design Requirements
- Dell Policies and Standard
- Risk associated with initiatives and policy deviation requests
- Compliance implications of design decisions in application and infrastructure design
- Experience building customer facing applications deployed on cloud environments (AWS, Azure or similar)
- Experience with PCF / Pivotal frameworks
- Experience with open source MVC frameworks
- Experience working in building online and offline commerce software
- Experience working on Payments applications
- Experience working on Secure development practices
- Ensure customer satisfaction through professional engagement and use of a risk based approach
- Work with Software Architects Sr. Management as required to facilitate resolution to challenging business problems/objectives in a secure way
- Broad understanding of security technologies and frameworks.
- Advanced knowledge of application and network security concepts
- Experience building public Web Services such as REST, SOAP.
- Software development experience with .Java, Spring, Angular, node, MongoDB/SQL/NoSQL.
- Understands, applies and may adapt fundamental concepts, practices and procedures for diverse engagement types
- CISSP or similar certification preferred
- Experience with system Threat Modelling (preferably to STRIDE methodology)
- Ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in an easily-understood, authoritative and actionable manner.
- Knowledge of Web Services, SOA Architecture, Application Security Firewalls, XML Firewalls and IDS technologies.
- Experience with Cloud Security Architecture (AWS, VMWare Air, VirtuStream, OpenStack, Azure, RackSpace or others) including deployment security architecture designs and Cloud Native Application Security.
- Experience with SaaS, PaaS, IaaS technologies including security architecture design and implementations.
- Experience with Containers and Micro Services such as Docker, Kubermetes, PCF (Pivotal Cloud Foundry), VMWare Photon and others.
- Experience with Big Data specifically in securing data lakes.
- Experience with secure code development and review.
- Experience in wireless, mobile infrastructure or application level vulnerability testing, remediation, risk assessment and auditing.
- Understanding of SDLC, Agile, Rapid Application Development, Kanban, Scrum, CMMI, Java, SANS GWEB, Android/Apple Development or REST.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Mobility Architectures and emerging technologies (MAM/MDM).
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.