Software Senior Engineer
Bangalore, IndiaJob ID R048256 Date posted Jan. 10, 2020
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
- Understand business requirements and convert into technical requirements.
- Analyze, design and development web applications with good code quality aspects.
- Effective and proactive communication with management, team with respect to project execution, issues.
- Unit testing of developed code using various tools and frameworks.
- Guide and mentor junior developers and quality engineers to achieve overall technical goals.
- Work in ownership mode, collaboration with senior members of the team in decision making.
- Develop and test proof of concepts using various tools and frameworks.
- Propose potential solutions to critical problems and willingness to try until resolution.
- Be a team player, effective communicator.
- 6+ experience in Java
- Hands on experience on Java Microservice with Spring Boot
- Hands on experience with Spring and Hibernate
- 1+ experience in Angular/React/Ember (Angular Preferred)
- Basic knowledge of CSS/SASS/LESS/PostCSS
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Hands on experience/knowledge in RDBMS databases preferably Oracle
- Must be comfortable working in Linux/Unix environments.
- Experience in Agile/Scrum
- Able to drive troubleshooting sessions with customer with clear action plan.
- Clear and precise communication with team, management and ability to articulate thought process into actions.
- Ability to guide juniors in the team to achieve overall technical goals.
- Quick learner with positive perspective.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.