Software Senior Engineer
Bengaluru, IndiaJob ID R28008 Date posted Jul. 11, 2019
Software Senior Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a [Job title] on our [Job family] team in [Location].
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
- Troubleshoot complex customer issues in UAT, Production environments with clear focus.
- Handle well customer escalations, provide ETA and drive issues to closure.
- Effective and proactive communication with management, team with respect to project execution, issues.
- Unit testing of developed code using various tools and frameworks.
- Work in ownership mode, collaboration with senior members of the team in decision making.
- Propose potential solutions to critical problems and willingness to try until resolution.
- Be a team player, effective communicator.
- 5-8 years of experience in software engineering
- Expert knowledge in RDBMS system and strong troubleshooting skills and Problem Resolution.
- Good experience in Oracle 11g & 12c database architecture and design
- Solid experience in MSSQL Server database architecture and design
- Expertise in database performance tuning and optimization
- Good troubleshooting skills of database related issues
- Experience in Oracle RAC configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience in Oracle Data Guard configuration and troubleshooting
- Hands on with PL/SQL and T-SQL programming
- Familiar with NoSQL databases, preferably Cassandra
- Experience in ER Modeling
- Good understanding in client/server and multi-tier architecture
- Experience on Oracle Golden Gate
- Familiar with MSSQL Server Always On feature
- Max 0 - 5 bullet point of requirements that may be helpful, but not necessary
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: xx xxxxxxxxx 20xx.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.