Software Senior Engineer
Bengaluru, IndiaJob ID R39595 Date posted Jul. 11, 2019
Software Senior Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a [Job title] on our [Job family] team in [Location].
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
- Understand business requirements and convert into technical requirements.
- Analyze, design and development web applications with good code quality aspects.
- Troubleshoot complex customer issues in UAT, Production environments with clear focus.
- Handle well customer escalations, provide ETA and drive issues to closure.
- Effective and proactive communication with management, team with respect to project execution, issues.
- Unit testing of developed code using various tools and frameworks.
- Guide and mentor junior developers and quality engineers to achieve overall technical goals.
- Work in ownership mode, collaboration with senior members of the team in decision making.
- Develop and test proof of concepts using various tools and frameworks.
- Propose potential solutions to critical problems and willingness to try until resolution.
- Be a team player, effective communicator.
Experience designing and implementing complex, scalable enterprise grade systems using Java technology stack.
- Excellent problem solving & multi-tasking skills.
- Guide problem resolution collaboratively across multiple teams and geographies.
- Excellent code detective and root cause analysis skills on a variety of frameworks.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid knowledge and experience in Java, Multi-Threading, Databases, Operating system Technologies
- Good experience in Spring, Hibernate technologies.
- Hands on experience in RDBMS databases preferably MS-SQL Server.
- Hands on experience/knowledge in No-SQL databases preferably Cassandra.
- Hands on experience/knowledge in messaging systems preferably RabbitMQ.
- Must be comfortable working in Linux/Unix environments.
- Must have experience and solid understanding of application servers preferably Tomcat.
- Must be comfortable in troubleshooting issues in UAT, Production environments.
- Good to have exposure to Cloud Technologies – Dockers, Kubernetes, Azure, AWS
- Able to drive troubleshooting sessions with customer with clear action plan.
- Clear and precise communication with team, management and ability to articulate thought process into actions.
- Ability to guide juniors in the team to achieve overall technical goals.
- Quick learner with positive perspective.
- Max 0 - 5 bullet point of requirements that may be helpful, but not necessary
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: xx xxxxxxxxx 20xx.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.