Software Senior Engineer
Bengaluru, IndiaJob ID R73306 Date posted May. 13, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
Why Work For Us:
Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from all across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership.
Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
About Business unit:
RSA, The Security Division of EMC, is the premier provider of intelligence-driven security solutions. RSA helps the world’s leading organizations solve their most complex and sensitive security challenges: managing organizational risk, safeguarding mobile access and collaboration, preventing online fraud, and defending against advanced threats. RSA delivers agile controls for identity assurance, fraud detection, and data protection; robust Security Analytics and industry-leading GRC capabilities; and expert consulting and advisory services. For more information, please visit www.RSA.com and www.EMC.com.
The RSA Archer team in Bangalore, India is rapidly expanding.
RSA Archer is the industry-leading vendor of enterprise software for governance, risk management, and compliance (GRC). Over a thousand customers worldwide harness the Archer GRC platform and its comprehensive suite of solutions to automate the compliance process, meet their risk objectives, and optimize business.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer with an enthusiasm for crafting beautiful, modern user interfaces and proven hands-on experience developing complex enterprise web applications. You will be joining a top-notch, agile team of developers who thrive on collaboration, open communication, tackling hard engineering problems, and making an impact.
As a senior member of our team, you will be involved in all aspects of software development – refining product requirements, design and development, testing, mentorship, and ensuring customer success.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, implement, and test major web application features, with a focus on UI development
- Take part in regular agile team activities such as scrums and sprint planning meetings
- Investigate new technologies and incorporate them into the technical stack as justified
- Work closely with cross-functional teams such as product management, user experience, and QA to deliver well thought out, high quality solutions
- Write documentation, including functional and technical specifications
- Mentor junior engineers and perform code, design, and unit test reviews
Experience and Skills Needed:
- 5+ years of experience with UI development and building commercial web applications, based on either .NET and/or Java.
- Experience with established UI frameworks such as Sencha ExtJS, ReactJS and jQuery.
- Experience with CSS pre-processors (e.g. Less, Sass)
- Proficient in C# and/or Java
- Proficient in writing and consuming RESTful web services and using standard data interchange formats such as JSON or XML
- Fluent in object-oriented design and development
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams and cross-functional stakeholders, such as User Experience, Product Management, Quality Assurance, and Tech Pubs
- Ability to clearly articulate and document ideas and concepts about product behavior and technical design.
- Experience working as part of an agile team: agile tools, continuous integration, and standard software development best practices such as code reviews, unit testing, and refactoring
- Experience with secure coding and design
- Significant knowledge of the GRC domain
- Great understanding of common web application architectural and design patterns
- Experience with internationalization and localization
- Experience with SQL and SQLServer
- Experience with NoSQL data stores (e.g. MongoDB, Hadoop, and Solr)
- Experience working with large data sets and designing data-intense user interfaces
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare Workstation
- Experience with mobile application development and tools such as Sencha Touch, jQuery Mobile, or Xamarin
- Experience working hands-on with customers to support products in the field
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent technical field
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.