Software Senior Engineer (Systems Management Software Java & Database) India-R&D
Bengaluru, IndiaJob ID R74959 Date posted May. 17, 2019
Job Title : Software Senior Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Software Senior Engineer.
About Business Unit:
Dell OM Enterprise Power Plugin team is system management software solution to manage: Multiple servers, Networking, Storage. It provides a secure browser-based that enables an IT administrator to take inventory, perform configuration and monitoring tasks, remotely power on/off servers and enable alerts for events on servers and various other devices of the data center. Power plugin 1.0 program is under development and develops the extensive use-cases around the power & thermal monitoring, capability and analysis around that data.
- It’s an Individual contributor role and not a Lead role.
- Owns the Design, Code Quality, Maintainability, Stability of assigned modules.
- SME in one or more areas. Ex: Core Java, Postgres Database.
- Good debugging & troubleshooting skills.
- Takes conscious risks by evaluating through a series of POC’s and backed up by data.
- Expected to work with ambiguous & complex problems to deliver solutions (Docs, Code).
- Get familiar with product architecture quickly.
- A BE/ME degree with 5+ years of industry experience.
- Good in Core Java, Spring, OOPs and Postgress Database programming languages.
- Application development background with Java or database technologies
- Good in OS Internals, memory management, IPC, thread programming and monitoring applications.
- Proficient in software development tools such as IDEs, compilers, debuggers, emulators, source control system and defect/ bug tracking systems.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong team player, Self-motivated with positive attitude.
- Understanding of System Management concepts & one of the device communication protocol (SNMP, WSMAN/Redfish protocols) is an added advantage.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership.
Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.