Software Principle Engineer - SaaSOps
Bangalore, IndiaJob ID R048039 Date posted Dec. 03, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a SaaS / Cloud, Application Support Engineer on our team in Bedford, MA.
RSA Security creates a wide range of industry-leading products that allow customers to take control of risk. Whether those risks stem from external cyber threats, identity and access management challenges, online fraud, compliance pressure or any number of other business and technology issues.
You will have an opportunity to support RSA’s ongoing large scale SaaS Cloud Environments. This will involve you working closely with skilled Development and Operations teams, using your experience to ensure that all needs are met as part of the SaaS environment support. You will be expected to understand the needs of software development, operations and security teams.
The SaaS / Cloud Application Engineer is responsible participating in the implementation, support and monitoring of RSA's Cloud and hosted applications.
The ideal candidate will be able to, support maintain, design, monitor and deploy a world-class SaaS hosting services, work with RSA's partners/teams to deploy cloud applications from the development and test environments, into our cloud / hosted production environments.
- Provide application support for multiple mission-critical applications in SaaS and cloud environments
- Troubleshoots and resolves application, instance, and/or system issues, able to arrive at RCA write-ups
- Develop, implement, document, and execute standard operations procedures,
- Improve and implement proactive monitoring & availability for work hours as required to meet operational objectives
- Create and protect Production Secret keys, restrict access to sensitive customer data
- Working with Engineering to design automation of procedures, deployment, controls and Security
- Take part in SaaS Operations technical activities related to supporting, deploying, auditing and adopting new products and services
- Provide technical expertise and advocacy around how solution should be implemented in production from SaaS Operations POV
- Demonstrate ability to work on several concurrent projects involving multiple stakeholders executing in a matrix environment
- Integrate technologies, processes, tools, and methodologies to mature SaaS Operations services (procedures, application management tools, monitoring and more)
- Communicate deployment and production related activities internally and externally when appropriate (especially during disaster recovery times)
- Participate in an on-call rotations to provide coverage during off business hours
- Coordinate closely on activities, issues, requirements, progress, status, etc. internally (in SaaS), customer management, program management, Engineering, DevOps , QE teams and external service providers
SPECIFIC MUST HAVE SKILLS:
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent technical field with relevant experience as mentioned below
- At least 8 years of experience in an enterprise application support in Hosted and / or cloud environments (6yrs for i6)
- At least 5 years of UNIX / Linux hands-on experience (3yrs for i6)
- At least 3 years of Experience in managing / supporting cloud solutions (Azure preferred)
- Applicative SQL Server DBA skills including a DB schema understanding; a sql queries writing, tuning, and execution
- Experience with monitoring tools usage and configuration (Zabbix, Solarwinds, Dynatrace)
- Experience in working with Cloud vendors (Azure, AWS)
- Programming & scripting experience (Python/Linux Shell/PowerShell etc.)
- Knowledge in network services (DNS, DHCP, NFS, SMTP, SSH) and networking equipment configuration (Routers, Switches, Load balancers etc.)
- Understanding of virtualization technologies
Nice to Have Skills:
Good understanding of Security concepts and Secure Development Life Cycle.
- Experience with Reporting and Analytics tools (Elasticsearch/Logstash, Kibana)
- Experience in working in Government systems operations (FedRAMP, DoD)
- Experience in working in regulated environments (SOC, PCI)
- Microsoft Windows Server computing fundamentals – Advantage
- Ability to interface with business and technical management
- Experience in working in mission critical environments
- Experience in working with customers
- Ability to work well under pressure within a technically challenging environment
- Excellent problem solving, logical, and analytical abilities
- Solid understanding of change management, App Support and Tech Support services
- Available for On-call after-hours support
- Available for time schedules that does include some weekends
- Strong commitment to organizational work ethics
- Well Organized