Software Principal Engineer
Bengaluru, IndiaJob ID R48376 Date posted Jul. 11, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
Why Work For Us:
Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from all across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership.
Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
- Application analysis, design and development using Java technology stack with focus on quality, unit testing, integration and performance.
- Plan and execute software development aspects from inception to transition.
- Lead, mentor and guide technical team of developers and quality professionals with proven leadership abilities.
- Troubleshoot complex customer issues in UAT, Production environments.
- Take ownership of customer issues, plan debugging sessions with customer stakeholders and drive with passion, enthusiasm until closure.
- Plan and assist in executing various project/product test plans related to load test, performance test.
- Analyze complex product issues, propose potential solutions.
- Design and development of proof of concepts for the proposed new features.
- Effective communication with program & product management and assisting in setting product roadmaps.
- Develop most effective technical solutions to meet business requirements.
- Work with other Engineers in planning, prioritizing and executing assigned tasks within deadlines.
- Assist in risk assessment and mitigation activities.
- Manage technical team in the areas of Agile/SCRUM with process improvement mindset.
- Responsible to clear blockers team might have with cross-functional coordination.
- Responsible for change management, code quality and maintaining product quality by minimizing impact.
- Evaluates and recommends software and hardware solutions to meet user needs.
- Resolves customer issues with software solutions and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Interacts with business users, I/T, vendors and customers to define current and future application requirements.
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of application programming and analysis. Strong Object oriented programming skills.
- Hands on development experience using Java technology stack with strong focus on architecture and design.
- Experience in proposing architecture, solutions to a wide range of problems, also develop proof concepts to prove that proposed solution works.
- Solid experience in Java, Spring, Hibernate with ability to go deep and leverage advanced features in order to mitigate complex issues.
- Solid experience in RDBMS databases preferably in-depth knowledge of MS-SQL server covering replication, transactional aspects.
- Solid experience in No-SQL databases preferably Cassandra covering replication, transactional aspects.
- Solid experience in application servers with prime focus on Tomcat and Apache web server.
- Solid experience in messaging systems preferably with RabbitMQ.
- RabbitMQ integration experience using Spring AMQP.
- Must be comfortable working in Linux/Unix environments.
- Must be hands on with Object Oriented concepts along with passion for design patterns and applicability.
- Experienced in setting up load balancers, clusters.
- Experienced in application monitoring using various tools and frameworks.
- Good to have exposure to Cloud Technologies – Dockers, Kubernetes, Azure, AWS
- Experienced in planning, conducting load & performance tests to prepare test reports for benchmarking.
- Ability to lead technical team, provide guidance and thought leadership.
- Effective and precise communicator with exposure to working with cross-functional, various geographical units.
- Quick learner, mentor with positive perspective.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.