Software Principal Engineer India-R&D
Bengaluru, IndiaJob ID R031403 Date posted Aug. 30, 2019
Dell creates technology solutions for a changing world. Our Information Technology (IT) Architecture team translates our customers’ business requirements into total enterprise-wide solutions. It takes deep technical knowledge to create architectural designs that exceed service requirements. We’re skilled in analyzing the customer’s business goals, objectives, needs and general business environment to create technical system solutions. Our expertise includes integrating hardware, processes, methodologies and software into the customer environment.
About Business Unit:
Dell's Support and Deployment Services Engineering team is looking for a talented software engineer with a solid understanding of web services/microservices and web application development using Java and related technologies. You will design, develop, validate and deliver end-to-end complex web applications.
Job Roles & Responsibilities:
- This position will be responsible for design and development of new products/ features.
- Duties include participating in all activities necessary to take a product from concept to production including, design, prototyping, debug validation, and troubleshooting production issue.
- Developing technical specifications, participating in design/code reviews, creating test cases and test plans.
- Experience in developing web UI using HTML5, CSS, JS framework like Angular.js, Knockout.js, Backbone.js, Node.js based on MVC (spring) framework.
- Well versed in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and programming languages like Java.
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Proficient with any OS like Linux, Windows Operating systems.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
Desired Skills (not mandatory):
- Experience in performance tuning, resolving scalability related issues at server side.
- Familiarity with big data platforms like Hadoop.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology.
BE/BTech/ME/MTech/MCA with 6+ years relevant experience.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership.
Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.