Software Principal Engineer -India-R&D
Bengaluru, IndiaJob ID R033067 Date posted Aug. 30, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Test Principal Engineer for our team in Bangalore.
When your products transform the way we live and work, nothing can be left to chance. Our Test Engineering team takes charge of the testing, evaluation and validation of all our devices. We’re a team of expert engineers responsible for the development of all test cases and test tools to ensure the functionality and compatibility of our products. We’re involved in the whole testing process from preparing test and diagnostic programs to recommending changes in testing equipment procedures and designing new testing equipment.
Our Employee Value Proposition:
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Why Work For Us:
Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from all across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
- Serves as a technical point of contact within the organization by:
- Influencing the product requirements, behavior and design.
- Driving early adoption of technology, features and best practices around product development
- Lead development at all layers GUI, Backend & DB
- Work with a team of developers and testers in a highly agile environment to produce high quality software.
- Design and developin house tools. Also, expected to demonstrate new ideas through prototypes/Proof of Concepts.
- Evaluate and Assess newer technologies for product development
- Keeping up to date with emerging technologies (AI, ML, DL) and developments trends to assess impact of the projects
- Should possess Masters/PHD in computer science with minimum of 10+ years of experience
- Should possess minimum 5 years of experience in Products/Tools Development
- Experience in designing and developing products, tools or test automation frameworks using Java, C++ or Python technologies.
- Should have strong understanding of OOPs, SDLC, STLC
- Proficient in C++, Python or Java, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems (IDEs and Frameworks)
- Familiar with designing and developing applications using AngularJS, ReactJS, HTML5, Bootstrap, NodeJS, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience in implementing, consuming and testing Web services SOAP and Rest APIs would be an added advantage.
- Experience working as a Full-Stack developer would be an added advantage
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.