Bengaluru, IndiaJob ID R1908260 Date posted Jul. 18, 2019
The VMware Hands-on Labs deliver a fully operational live desktop environment for customers to experience VMware products. With more than 2 Million labs delivered to date, the Hands-on Labs is a key component of VMware’s marketing and sales efforts.
VMware is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join the Hands-on Labs team. You will be called upon to leverage your skills and experience to help solve both business and technical problems and design and implement the services and tools to support the Hands-on Labs of the future.
Our team consists of very talented engineers, imbued with real ownership, and working in a dynamic culture of innovation and collaboration. If you aspire to work on industry-changing technologies, want to learn and grow your skills, and deliver high quality products that delight customers, then this is the job for you.
• Work with engineering leads to determine functional requirements and user interfaces
• Design, build, and support Hands-on Labs software development projects
• Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
• Provide guidance to lab creation teams and help lead the technical process in developing innovative labs that drive lead generation and maturation.
• Create monitoring and automation scripts to improve day to day operational efficiency.
• Design new websites and tools to enable customers to do more with the Hands-on Labs.
• 3 Years of experience as a software developer in an enterprise environment.
• Experience in software development and coding in various languages ( VB, PHP, Python, Java )
• Experience with DevOps tools ( git, gitlab, jira, confluence )
• Familiarity with programming frameworks ( Angular, React, Node.js, sqlalchemy, requests, chalice, lxml, Spring )
• Experience creating and calling RESTful APIs
• Understanding of software quality assurance principles
• Experience with System Administration ( Linux, Windows )
• Experience with Database Design and support (Postgresql, MS SQL)
• Experience AWS (API Gateway, Lambda, RDS, S3, EC2, ElasticBeanStalk)
• Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
• Working knowledge on virtualization technologies a plus
• Be self-motivated and proactively manage time and tasks