Software Engineer 2 - IT
Bengaluru, IndiaJob ID R82038 Date posted Jul. 17, 2019
Job Title : Software Engineer 2 - IT (I6)
Dell IT Overview :
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Software Engineer 2 on our Software Engineer 2 - IT team.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
About Business Unit:
Dell's QEO organization is responsible ensuring quality, reliability and stability of more than 500+ internal IT applications across different technology group. Team is hiring a Software Engineer – 2 for it’s quality engineering group - to deliver on initiatives for our global cross segment along with key delivery ownership.
- Analyze business requirements and other project related documents to create test strategies and test plans
Work with, and support, business analysts, developers, and user acceptance team members as required
Drive relevant test strategy around the implementation and provide expert inputs to handle/resolve complex issues
Clearly communicate test status, progress, and risks to all stakeholders
Responsible for the quality of selected application/product features
Work closely with Development and Product management teams to provide feedback on design (functional and technical) and user scenarios
Drive improvements in unit testing coverage, design test framework, develop test suites, expand automated testing harness and automate scenarios/cases
Record and track defects uncovered during the execution of tests accurately and in timely manner; debugging to find root cause; validation and closing of resolved tests
Demonstrate expertise by sharing best practices, tools, white papers, etc. and drive engineering excellence across organization
- Conducts Manual Testing, and uses Exploratory Testing to uncover weaknesses in their test approaches
- Writes automated tests for high availability and highly scalable applications which will be used by both internal and external customers.
- Experience in TFS, MTM, Build management and continuous integration frameworks.
- Provides Test consultation to Scrum team members to assist them in developing robust Unit Test suites
- Development responsibilities include doing code review / bug analysis, analyzing development and test impacts, writing test tools and identifying automation opportunities
- Engineering Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent professional experience with 5+ years of experience in Software engineering
- 4 to 6 years of experience in TDD and hands on with test development automation.
- Expertise in any one or more of the following – Java/J2EE, Selenium Web driver, TDD, C#, .net framework, web Services & MS SQL
- Demonstrated experience with SQL and relational databases (e.g., DB2, Oracle, MySQL).
- Ability to perform system-wide root cause analyses and drive improvements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are a must
- Should possess quick learning capabilities and be able to connect the dots
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Previous development and testing experience supporting service-oriented architecture (SOA) and Oracle EBS Applications
- Experience with building and leveraging automated testing as part of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience on Oracle Apps and Open platforms like SOA, Web services, middleware testing.
- Practical experience on OATS tool, open scripting through Java. is a plus.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.