Software Engineer 2- IT
Bengaluru, IndiaJob ID R36822 Date posted Mar. 22, 2019
Job Title: Software Engineer 2 - IT
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Software Engineer 2- IT on our Software development team in Bangalore.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
- This position will be responsible for design, development and maintenance of new products/ features.
- Duties include participating in all activities necessary to take a product from concept to production including requirements analysis, design, prototyping, debug validation, troubleshooting production issue and maintenance.
- Developing technical specifications, participating in design/code reviews, development, creating test cases and test plans.
- Passionate about the customer experience, and ensure every visit is a great experience
- Work in Agile Scrum development methodology
- Highly motivated and adaptable technical player with strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience in Coveo Search technology or similar Search technologies like Lucene search.
- Experience in developing web UI using HTML5, CSS, JS framework like Node.js, Angular.js, Knockout.js, Backbone.js, based on MVC (spring) framework.
- Well versed in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and programming languages like Java.
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
Good experience in Agile development methodology.
Proficient in Java, Spring MVC framework, Spring boot, Spring batch with a good knowledge of its ecosystems, solid understanding of object-oriented programming
Experience and knowledge of Build tools – Maven, Rest APIs
Microservices architecture and developing Java microservices for cloud
Prepare test data for unit testing
Some exposure in .Net
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.