Service Delivery Engineer 2
Bangalore, IndiaJob ID R044269 Date posted Nov. 08, 2019
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Why Work For Us:
Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from all across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
Our Employee Value Proposition:
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. scale-up or scale out Installation/Refresh/Recovery/Support Pack upgrade knowledge.
2. Hana performance troubleshooting knowledge
1>Java administration knowledge
2> ABAP performance troubleshooting knowledge
3> SAP upgrade and refresh knowledge
4> SAP Convergent Charging and Convergent mediation knowledge is a plus but not required
5> ADD-IN installation and support pack upgrade
6> BOBJ knowledge good to have
7>Solman configuration knowledge.
Skill : Admin or Basis experience in supporting different flavors of SAP products
* Exercises judgment in planning and organizing work; monitors performance and reports status
* Prepares activity and progress reports for server utilization.
* Works collaboratively with various members of the team and other Infrastructure resources in support of the client.
* Conducts special analyses and projects as required.
* Performs related functions and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
* Remains current on developments in field(s) of expertise.
* Resolves and/or facilitates resolution of problems including identifying causes to prevent re-occurrence.
* Identifies and resolve business issues; escalate issues when appropriate.
* Participate in an on-call rotation with the other team members.
QUALIFICATIONS - KNOWLEDGE - SKILLS
* Good experience of Basis administration is a must
* Knowledge of SAP best practices.
* Good knowledge of SAP HANA implementations, management, troubleshooting, configuration is preferred
* Experience in other SAP supported databases like sybase , MSSql, DB2 is a bonus, but not required.
* Proficient in working in Windows and Linux server environments.
* Four-year degree with Computer Science or equivalent experience
* Experience working as part of a team to provide the optimal solution for both business needs and project standards.
* Experience estimating effort and resources required for projects and working with project managers to structure projects.
* Demonstrated excellent customer service skills; ability to build strong formal and informal relationships.
* Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to transition smoothly between technical and business vernacular, tailoring communications to the audience.
* Able to work in ambiguous situations/environments; demonstrated ability to break down problems into constituent parts and develop and drive plans for resolution.
* Strong documentation ability capable of developing detailed how to guides.
* Ability to mentor junior staff members.
* Flexible to work in rotational US shifts
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.