Senior Systems Development Engineer India-R&D
Bengaluru, IndiaJob ID R42895 Date posted Jul. 01, 2019
Senior Systems Development Engineer - Bangalore
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Systems Development Engineer on our Server Engineering team in Bangalore.
Our customers’ system requirements are usually highly complex. Bringing together hardware and software systems design, Systems Development Engineering operates at the very cutting edge of technology to meet them. We design and develop electronic and electro-mechanical or systems-orientated products, conduct feasibility studies on engineering proposals and prepare installation, operation and maintenance specifications and instructions. We’re proud to deliver programs and products to the highest quality standards, on time and within budget.
- Identify and communicate design requirements to technology partners and ODMs for Ethernet, Fibre Channel and Infiniband interfaces; and related drivers and software. Work closely with them to develop, test and debug these features during integration of networking devices into Dell EMC systems.
- Participate as a member of the engineering Project Delivery Team to deliver complete products into the Dell server business
- Develop debug and automation tools to be used by you and other engineers to troubleshoot and resolve issues on interfaces such as Ethernet 802.3, Fibre Channel, Infiniband, PCIe and NC-SI
- Write development engineering test plans for the bring-up and unit test phases of the network device and server development process
- Characterize and debug complex issues reported from internal validation teams and the field to determine root cause and identify fixes together with technology partners, while keeping relevant parties informed
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science and 5+ years of related experience; or 3+ years with a Master’s degree; or equivalent experience
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a global cross-functional engineering team
- Proficiency in working with third-party technical partners or geographically dispersed engineering team members to develop electronic assemblies and solve problems
- Ability to read, understand and apply technical data sheets, schematics, specifications or standards
- Experience in the development of drivers and/or firmware for electronics subsystems
- Demonstrated proficiency in solving complex problems and root cause analysis
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) specifications, plans, status, and issue details
- Demonstrated expertise in managing suppliers or third-party engineering teams
- At least one of the first two “Preferences” listed below
Working experience with networking and communications technologies such as Ethernet, TCP/IP, NC-SI, FC, iSCSI and Infiniband
- Working knowledge of Windows and/or Linux network and/or storage driver architecture and implementation; UEFI and Virtualized OS knowledge
- Experience with scripting languages like Python, C/C++, and web applications.
- Experience with virtualization using VMware, Hyper-V
- Windows/Linux/ESX administration experience
- Familiar with advanced networking switch configurations
- Embedded systems development experience
- Experience with remote network management and administration including standards such as Redfish, SMASH, MCTP, and PLDM
- Server or client computer systems development experience
- 2+ years of working with third-party technical partners/vendors/ODMs to develop hardware / software products
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you would thrive in a combined hardware and software design function, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.