Senior Software Engineer
,Bangalore,India, VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.Job ID R1913173 Date posted Dec. 03, 2019
About the team:
You’ll be part of a bright engineering team that has a culture of open communication, collaboration, and innovation. We are looking for engineers who have a strong self-directed work ethic and make it happen mindset.
Applicants are expected to be articulate, detail-oriented and highly analytical. You will be working with teams all across VMware. You will participate in all phases of product, including: gathering requirements/user stories, system architecture, the design/prototyping process, authoring specifications, implementation, and testing for features developed.
We believe in automating everything infrastructure as code - you'll automate. High availability of production systems and a highly visible and measurable environment are chief among our priorities which you will help us achieve.
- You are self-motivated and have the ability to work in an agile manner
- Delivering responsive, bug-free, stable, performant, secure, scalable and accessibility compliant User Interfaces.
- Knowledge of writing component based UI
- Manage pre/post release code merges
- Manage code branching strategies
- Contributing to end-to-end system architecture, working with backend engineers.
- Learning and applying new technologies, best design practices and usability patterns.
- 6+ years of overall software development experience, with an emphasis on client side/frontend engineering.
- Hands-on experience building, debugging and working with large scale enterprise web applications.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3 and CSS frameworks.
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS, Bootstrap, etc
- Experience building rich data-driven web applications by consuming RESTful services and APIs, also Web Sockets.
- Strong interest in learning new and emerging technologies
- Practical understanding of OOP/OOD & design patterns
- Experience working in a production environment with distributed systems
BS/MS degree or above in Computer Science or equivalent engineering