Senior Product Manager, Digital Workspace
,Bangalore,India, VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.Job ID R1905833 Date posted Jun. 10, 2019
VMware is the global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything.
The End User Computing (EUC) business unit at VMware is a fast-growing business focused on employee experience and mobility, and we are revolutionizing the way companies securely deliver and manage devices and applications in the enterprise. VMware’s flagship platform, Workspace ONE, has secured a market leading position in the world of desktop and mobile infrastructure through rapid innovation.
Learn more about Intelligent Hub | Learn more about Workspace ONE
At the core of Workspace ONE is our Product Management team, who bring the vision, passion, integrity and execution that drives our growth and innovation on behalf of our world-class customers and community.
We are looking for an experienced leader to join of our Workspace ONE End User Experience Product Management team. Within our team you will be a critical part of driving the growth of our flagship experience – Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub.
The Intelligent Hub is THE most essential tool for employees in the new digital enterprise. As organizations move to a mobile, self-service model for their employees, it’s how employees on-board, how they access apps and services, where they receive critical notifications and how they manage day-to-day workflows. In short, Intelligent Hub is the one app every organization and every end-user must have.
As a Senior Product Manager, you’ll be responsible for contributing to and driving product vision for the end-to-end Workspace ONE customer and Intelligent Hub experience on desktops. You will work closely with customers, engineering, sales & marketing and executive leadership using your creative, technical, strategic and process-oriented skillset toward executing high-impact experiences and delivering customer value in the quickly evolving desktop category.
This role requires an individual with exemplary leadership, collaboration and communication skills who is comfortable working independently across teams and time zones. You must have passion for building great user experiences and super-serving customers. The successful candidate will be able to solve technical challenges with their engineering peers while making smart trade-offs to maximize the pace of innovation.
• Define product requirements, set priorities and manage backlogs for multiple teams
• Work closely with user experience team to define experiences which delight end-users
• Provide visibility and transparency across the organization by maintaining a cross-functional roadmap
• Works closely with VMware customers, partners and field teams to vet and validate requirements
• Partner with engineering to manage the software development lifecycle and bring innovation to market
• Work directly with sales and marketing for go-to-market strategy, product launches and sales enablement
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in product management, technical marketing, solutions architecture or equivalent experience in the enterprise software technology industry
• Experience with Windows or macOS app and/or mobile app development / market
• Understanding or background in Unified Endpoint Management
• Track record delivering impactful end user experiences
• Strong cross-team collaboration with the ability to moderate conversations across both business and technical teams
• Easily handle multiple projects simultaneously with meticulous attention to detail, while never losing focus of the overall product strategy
• Ability to influence people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions
• Superb written and verbal communication skills characterized by clarity and brevity
• Drive to achieve quick results and the capacity to assume increasing responsibility in a dynamic, constantly-moving organization
• Positive personality with strong interpersonal skills and an upbeat “can-do” attitude
• Strong empathy for our customers and partners to better shape our customer experience
• Provide leadership while never forgetting that you’re a team player
• Willing to travel occasionally
• BS in Computer Science or related technical field. MBA a plus