Senior Principal Engineering Technologist - India R&D
Bengaluru, IndiaJob ID R81578 Date posted Dec. 05, 2018
Job Title :Senior Principal Engineering Technologist- India R&D
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Software Senior Engineer on our Dell R&D Software engineering team in Bangalore.
About Business Unit:
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Key Responsibilities :
DellEMC is looking for a DevOps Senior Principal Engineering Technologist , who would lead the DevOps transformation for the System Management org under the server software organization. The candidate will work closely with other product technologists to understand the current challenges and provide appropriate solutions. Selects methods and techniques for identifying and advocating effective DevOps solutions to the System management org. Develops approaches to address critical issues and manages crisis response. Primarily works on defining technical road maps, collaborates with product teams to build Unit Test framework, CICD, Build and release engineering, Source control strategy, tools and critical infrastructures that support the business’s software/application platforms, adhere to security standards and assessment audits, and prototyping new solutions.
The successful candidate will be technically savvy, have deep DevOps understanding of process and approaches and will comprehend current technology trends. The candidate must have an attention for detail and be able to articulate and communicate with a great level of proficiency through written and verbal communication.
• Defines and implements DevOps strategies and procedures
• Works with development teams to define and refine Unit Test framework, policies and automation
• Design, develop or recommend DevOps solutions for faster and reliable product development
• Author tools that improve developer capacity and productivity
• Evaluates new and emerging products, technologies and make recommendations to leadership concerning introduction of new technologies
• Reviews, prioritizes and recommends improvements as they relate to the achievement of DellEMC’s business goals and objectives
• Build automation frameworks for the deployment, management, and monitoring of all production infrastructure for the software development organization
• Audit end-to-end DevOps environment
• Provides analysis of potential risk to information security and recommends solutions specific to DevOps environment
• Evaluate the hardware changes and come up with recommendation for effective setup of systems for DevOps community
Essential Requirements :
• DevOps industry experience and an understanding of associated technologies
• Experienced in Source control systems (Github, SVN) Configuration management system (Ansible/ Puppet), Continuous integration (Jenkins), Monitoring tools (Nagios) and Security services
• Strong scripting skills (Shell, Python)
• Working knowledge of UNIX, LINUX and Microsoft technologies
• Broad knowledge of software development and software testing methodologies
• Practical expertise in performance tuning and optimization, bottleneck problems analysis
• Good understanding of Unit Testing (UT) and exposer to architecting UT framework
Desirable Requirements :
• Knowledge of cloud environments private and public (AWS and Azure)
• Knowledge around Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) and container solutions
• Knowledge of orchestration tool (Kubernetes)
• Java, Json, HTML 5, PowerShell
• Typically requires 10+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership.
Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.