Senior Manager, Software Engineering India-R&D
Bengaluru, IndiaJob ID R78713 Date posted Jul. 16, 2019
Job Title: Software Engineering Senior Manager
Dell creates technology solutions for a changing world. Our Information Technology (IT) Architecture team translates our customers’ business requirements into total enterprise-wide solutions. It takes deep technical knowledge to create architectural designs that exceed service requirements. We’re skilled in analyzing the customer’s business goals, objectives, needs and general business environment to create technical system solutions. Our expertise includes integrating hardware, processes, methodologies and software into the customer environment.
Software Engineering Sr Manager position in the Firmware Engineering group in Dell India R&D, primarily focusing on Dell’s Server software for out-of-band products called IDRAC/CMC
About Business Unit :
Responsible for the delivery of Dell’s out-of-band product called iDRAC and / or Chassis Management Controller (CMC) on enterprise server platforms using embedded Linux, applicable technologies and software engineering methodologies. The ideal candidate will be responsible for product roadmap, product delivery, as well as day-to-day management of software engineers. This includes requirements analysis, design, development, unit test automation of various features of the product and sustenance of E2E solution. This person will manage a team of embedded Linux engineers, firmware engineers, application and interfaces developers. This person will report to Senior Manager / Director at Dell’s R&D center in Bangalore. Additional responsibilities will be to interact extensively with cross-functional teams such as Technologists, Product Management, Release Management and Program Management and other engineering teams. Need to work collaboratively with peers and cross functional local and global teams.
Key Responsibilities :
- Manage a development team and all activities to take a product from concept to production including system architecture definition, design, vendor or partner management, prototyping, debug validation, interactions with cross functional teams, factory and customer support.
- Deliver products to scope, schedule and quality
- Manage and prioritize deliverables
- Work closely with Technologists and product management to determine feasibility of product features
- Encourage process and product innovation and drive efficiency
- Actively engage in resolving key issues that impact the team or the product
- Responsible for project management – estimation and resource allocation
- Responsible for capability building and creating subject matter expertise
- Report status to senior management
- Set performance goals and perform performance reviews/appraisals
- Mentor/Coach team members to identify and achieve their career goals.
- Identify and schedule training to enhance technical and non-technical knowledge/skills of the team
- Hire and retain talent
Essential Requirements :
14+ years of software engineering experience with B.E / B.Tech
Experience in all phases of SDLC
Excellent communication and presentation skills
Leadership skills in working with extended engineering teams
Experience working with globally distributed teams
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership.
Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.