Senior Manager(M9), Software Engineering (India-R&D)
Bengaluru, IndiaJob ID R64570 Date posted Jul. 01, 2019
Senior Manager, M9
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Manager on our SDE team in Bangalore
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
- As a Manager need to have strong design, development, Test knowledge for all the platform software supporting our data security products.
- Ensure the performance, quality and UX of applications by following engineering best practices, design guidelines and principles.
- Anticipates, resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Ability to work with remote teams and ensure on-time delivery
- Time to Time fill the role of technical expert within the team. Remain relevant with new technologies to ensure continuous development efficiency
- Hiring the correct talent, Diligent Performance reviews, adhering to Dell code of conduct, Ethics & Organizational process
- Establishes goals for subordinates that are aligned with policies and standards.
- Monitors the completion of tasks within time and cost constraints and ensures that technical and functional objectives are met.
- Develops and provides challenging yet appropriate assignments, evaluates work, communicates progress toward career development and goals.
- Collaborates cross functionally with engineering employees and other engineering groups, voluntarily shares information, fosters teamwork and collaboration. May be accountable for managing a budget. Accountable for HR processes and actions.
- Develops strategy & solutions to difficult problems, which may require ingenuity and creativity, communicates progress toward project/program goals; influences future product/program direction.
- Manages the daily activities of individual contributors and supervisors, accountable for results, responsible for establishing goals and objectives for the work group; typically manages groups with similar technical or functional responsibility.
- Interfaces with senior management to report on project and program milestones and to present project needs and technical knowledge.
Work experience in SDLC, STLC, Agile Methodologies
Mandatory to have work Experience in Android, IoS, MAC, Data Guardian, Encryption
Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
Hands-on Coding expertise in Programming languages like C, C++, C#, Java
Must have strong communication skills and be project oriented with ability to work with minimal day-to-day direction
Automation Frame work design and development knowledge and exposure to various Automation Tools (Open source & commercial).
Good ability to apply Software Lifecycle and Quality Assurance methodologies in a cost-effective manner, to bring high-quality products to market on time
Basic understanding of appropriate technologies, vendor products and competitor's offerings
Understanding of software engineering processes and methodologies
Good understanding of Test Planning, Test Strategies and exposure to various test metrics that are used to drive quality releases
Good experience implementing Continuous Integration, Code coverage, Test case management, Bug tracking tools etc
17+ years of relevant experience with solid Engineering education background
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: xx xxxxxxxxx 20xx.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.