Senior Engineer, Service Delivery
Bangalore, IndiaJob ID R047956 Date posted Nov. 29, 2019
People make Dell – so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company? Dell EMC Managed Services span infrastructure, engineered solutions, and end users. Engineered Solutions encompasses our expertise in cloud solutions comprised of different best-of-breed products from Dell Technologies businesses such as Virtustream, VMware, and Pivotal. These cloud platforms include Dell EMC Converged Infrastructure, Hybrid Cloud and Native Hybrid Cloud with VMware and Pivotal. Within the Infrastructure Managed Services at Dell EMC, we are looking for a Senior Engineer, Service Delivery to join our team in Bangalore
Company Details: Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We believe in working together to build a brighter future, celebrating the entrepreneurial spirit that lives inside us all, and marrying innovation with action. Dell is proud to offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Why Work for Us: Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from all across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
Our Employee Value Proposition: Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Job Summary:The role will be expected to work in a positive and collaborative fashion with fellow team members, senior engineering/architect staff, vendors, and customers. The L3 Infra Delivery Specialist will assist with process maturation, development, technical standards creation, and drive operational excellence through consistent delivery and best practices. This role will also include the core fundamentals of day-to-day operations, based off the ITIL v3 methodology.
- Creating and Preparing Virtual Machines , Linked/Instant clones , Desktop Pools
- Maintaining and troubleshooting View Components –Connection, security and View composer server.
- Administration and troubleshooting on VMware vSphere/ESXi virtualization environment.
- User profiles and their application, deployment and management in roaming scenarios such as VMware Persona profile management or Windows roaming profiles
- Microsoft Active Directory configuration, Group Policy creation and application, login Scripts, etc.
- Ability to support and troubleshoot SourceOne Indexing & Journaling issues
- Ability to manage large cluster of Worker Servers
- Must have expertise on EMC SourceOne Archiving & Windows Administration
- Knowledge on VMware Workspace ONE ,VMware Horizon View , and the Horizon Suite of solutions
- Knowledge on MS-SQL Servers & PowerShell
- Exposure to multiple version os SourceOne like 6, 6.5 and 7
- Exposure to Email Archiving, File Archiving & SourceOne Indexing
- Knowledge and architecting skills on VMware Workspace ONE ,VMware Horizon View , and the Horizon Suite of solutions
- Good knowledge SQL and PowerShell scripting.
- Experience of supporting multiple Server OS like Windows Server 2012 or others
- Proficiency in hardware, software and/or operating systems environments.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Knowledge of basic Networking & protocols
- Customer Service skill.
- Problem solving & Organizational skills.
- ITIL V3 Certified
- Exposure to Linux or any other Infrastructure products
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.