Senior Engineer, Service Delivery
Bangalore, IndiaJob ID R043831 Date posted Nov. 08, 2019
The On-Boarding Engineer is responsible for the successful on-boarding of clients onto the xStream Cloud Platform following the xStream On-Boarding methodologies and practices. This important client-facing role will act as the technical resource responsible for executing general on-boarding and support tasks including physical-to-virtual (p2v) and virtual-to-virtual (v2v) migrations, new VM provisioning, data migration, VM and application tuning, and basic network troubleshooting. This role will require strong communication and coordination skills to successfully execute several concurrent migrations at any given time.
* Collaborate with Manager and clients to determine most appropriate migration techniques for specific scenarios following the xStream On-Boarding methodology.
* Execute technical activities to migrate client systems and data to the xStream Platform including Provisioning of VMs, Installing and configuring operating systems, provisioning storage, installing data migration utilities, executing preliminary migrations, coordinating testing, monitoring replication and coordinating technical cutover activities.
* Provide innovation to the xStream On-Boarding process in order to achieve maximum efficiency
* Provide hands-on support on technical issues during the on-boarding process
* Assist in communicating cloud provisioning requirements to internal and external resources
* Work with client to determine system requirements. Architect and implement solutions that meet and exceed client requirements, are sustainable in a multitenant cloud, and can be replicated to provide benefit to other Virtustream clients.
* Liaises with team members and leads to ensure a smooth handover of projects to the platform operations and managed services teams
* Assists with the implementation of ISO standards in relationship to Virtustream services & procedures
* Must have the ability to obtain and maintain active security clearance as required.
* Must have platform migration experience in a virtual environment ideally with physical to virtual and virtual to virtual migrations.
* 5+ years technical operations experience
* Technical communication skills are a must as well as solutions architecture and deployment experience
* VMware and troubleshooting using VMware
* Linux OS Administration and Troubleshooting is required as well as strong Windows OS Administration and Troubleshooting
* Expertise with Linux OS Administration and Troubleshooting is a requirement
* Industry recognized technical qualifications
* Recent hands on experience in virtualization as well as Server Administration of both MS Windows and Linux Operating Systems
* Scripting Knowledge(Bash or PowerShell/Python)
* Good communications skills both written and verbal
* Enthusiasm and drive
* Good time management skills
* Ability to work alone and within a team
* Ability to work toward meeting deadlines
* Ability to work non-business hours as required
Scripting knowledge and experience (bash shell/python/perl/powershell/expect)
Experience with Configuration Management infrastructure (Salt/ansible/chef/etc)
Hands on experience with migration tools such as DoubleTake
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.