Senior Analyst, IT Service Operations
Bengaluru, IndiaJob ID R79067 Date posted Jun. 08, 2019
People make Dell – so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company? Virtustream is the enterprise-class cloud software and services provider trusted by enterprise customers worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud. Within the Virtustream at Dell EMC, we are looking for a Senior Analyst, IT Service Operations to join our team in Bangalore
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We believe in working together to build a brighter future, celebrating the entrepreneurial spirit that lives inside us all, and marrying innovation with action. Dell is proud to offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Why Work for Us: Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from all across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
Our Employee Value Proposition: Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
About Virtustream: Virtustream, An EMC Federation Company is the enterprise-class cloud software and services provider trusted by enterprise customers worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud.
For businesses, cloud service providers and government agencies, only Virtustream enterprise-class cloud solutions meet the security, compliance, performance and efficiency requirements needed to migrate and manage the most complex mission-critical applications across hybrid, private or public cloud environments. According to research firm IDC, cloud spending, including cloud services and the technology to enable these services, will surge by 25% this year, reaching over $100 billion. Further, Gartner Research predicts that almost half of large enterprises will be engaged in a combined, public/private cloud operation, or "hybrid" cloud computing, in the near future. The cloud industry has taken off and Virtustream is solidly in the race offering enterprise-class cloud software and solutions that today’s large enterprises must have in order to leverage the tremendous efficiencies this technology has to offer
General Summary: Provides expertise to ensure holistic support, proactive monitoring and overall health of multiple Cloud and Infrastructure based Services including IT applications, tools, infrastructure (hardware, data and software), security, information access, system performance and data integrity. Utilizes appropriate IT tools to resolve issues with global, complex technical, business and mission critical environments. Recognizes recurring problems and proactively works with cross-functional teams throughout Virtustream to recommend solutions and process improvements. Works with other IT and Engineering groups, vendors and business units to lead, monitor and resolve system outages.
- Participate in all the Root cause analysis meetings representing the team and address all the problem tickets with corrective action
- Aggressive leveraging of monitoring systems and reporting services to proactively ensuring system events and outages are accurately documented and that all major events and outages are properly escalated, communicated and resolved using ITIL best practices.
- Troubleshoots complex technical problems across multiple independent services to ensure optimal service levels and system availability.
- Utilizes tools to verify and validate that proper thresholds and infrastructure/application information are represented and set appropriately.
- Investigates major service interruptions and service interruption resolutions and may assist in ensuring future stability of infrastructure and data.
- Effective communication with cross-functional and inter-departmental teams, including executive and managerial audiences, to provide clear and consistent incident progress, and resolution updates.
- Responds to incidents utilizing a variety of communication methods including: email, bridge calls, conference calls, instant messaging.
- Relied upon to direct technical resources as multiple resources come together to resolve issues. Involved in vendor escalations, through direct vendor contact or partnership with other EMC teams.
- Utilizes a variety of internal and external sources to investigate technology, build knowledge, and resolve incidents.
- Reviews documentation, diagrams, configurations, standard operating procedures, and tools and regularly contributes to internal knowledgebase and departmental documentation.
- Provides technical expertise in cross-functional and intra-departmental efforts. May be involved in prototype and quality assurance activities throughout IT and product management.
- Works on multiple incidents and/or projects simultaneously. Able to prioritize and delegate incidents based on the impact to total customer experience. Leads critical incident turnover with geographically dispersed teams.
- Leverages opinion, experience and technical knowledge across multiple Operating Systems and technical disciplines to lead process and technical improvements to the IT environments and overall customer experience.
- Acts as a point of escalation in complex, critical instances and may delegate tasks to peers and others throughout Virtustream.
- Maintains professional demeanor under pressure possessing a can do attitude, to keep the resolution process moving in a positive direction ensuring customer satisfaction
We are looking for L1/ L2 skills in the below core technologies, requires basic skills in the following areas:
- Incident Management coordinating in real-time for P1’s and P2’s in the scope of platform ( Compute,Storage,Network and Backup) and application management (OS,DB and SAP Basis)
- Virtualization- VMware,ESXi, vCenter
- Storage-VNX, VMAX & Unity
- Networking - Cisco networking, Switches,routers,firewall and Cisco UCS
- Data protection ( backup )
- Server OS - Windows & Linux
- SAP ( ECC and HANA)
- Database ( Sybase,SQL,Oracle,SAP Hana)
- Cloud computing
- Good Interpersonal & Communication skills ( Verbal, email, slack and skype )
- General understanding of bridge etiquette & WebEx
- KPI and service now reporting
- Represent the command center team for RCA Calls
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.