Senior Advisor Product Management
Bengaluru, IndiaJob ID R038504 Date posted Oct. 09, 2019
Job Title: Senior Advisor, Product Management
Location: Bangalore, India
Reports to: Susan Read-Miller
RSA, a Dell Technologies company, is the premier provider of security, risk and compliance management solutions for business acceleration. RSA helps the world’s leading organizations solve their most complex and sensitive security challenges: managing organizational risk, safeguarding mobile access and collaboration, preventing online fraud, and defending against advanced threats. For more information, please visit www.RSA.com and www.dellemc.com.
RSA Archer is the industry-leading vendor of enterprise software for governance, risk management, and compliance (GRC). Over a thousand customers worldwide harness the Archer GRC platform and its comprehensive suite of solutions to automate the compliance process, meet their risk objectives, and optimize business.
This Product Manager will play a lead role in defining and driving execution for key components of the RSA Archer GRC Platform and security solutions. The successful candidate must be an independent thinker with demonstrated success translating market requirements into winning solutions. He or she must be capable of drawing keen insights and making pragmatic decisions even when faced with limited data. Above all, the candidate must be self-motivated and results-driven, able to drive results both as an individual contributor and by leading through influence within the broader cross-functional team.
- Collaborate with Engineering teams, cross-functional stakeholders and other Product Managers to drive successful execution against the product roadmap, GTM strategy and operating priorities.
- Conduct discussions with customers to understand their needs to manage security threats using RSA Archer.
- Connect internal stakeholders to the “so what”, ensuring that engineering teams understand and appreciate the customer problem, market dynamics, and user personas they are solving for.
- Review and analyze information from all sources (e.g., customer requirements, market analysis data, competitive landscape, etc.) to drive solid decision-making.
- Become the go-to subject matter expert on Archer Product Security and for the RSA Archer product suite as a whole. Within the domain of product security, proactively identify and assess new opportunities, threats and challenges, surfacing these recommendations to PM leadership.
- As Scrum Product Owner, break down market problems into consumable user stories, working with the Scrum Master and team members to prioritize, define acceptance criteria and drive execution.
- Develop product demos, competitive battle cards, technical whitepapers, product training and other technical collateral.
- Strong technical aptitude with a good working knowledge of Security domains including Identity & Access Management, Cyber Security, Network Security, Security Operations, Threat Management, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography & PKI, and Secure Development Lifecycle.
- Prior product, sales, or sales engineering experience with cyber security and data privacy.
- Deep understanding of major security standards and frameworks will be a plus.
- Deep understanding of standards and regulations in security and data privacy space
- Experienced in Agile development methodologies with demonstratedsuccess as Scrum Product Owner for complex Enterprise software and/or SaaS projects
- Well-developed financial skills including business case development, cost management, budgeting and financial analysis.
- Solid business sense combined with the ability to think strategically and execute tactically
- Able to flesh out and translate customer use cases into technical requirements
- Proven ability managing cross-functional and multi-national teams.
- Track record of exceptional performance and consistent professional growth in previous roles
- Highly self-motivated with excellent prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Superior communication skills (written, presentation, speaking, listening)
- 10+ years of Product Management experience in SaaS and/or Enterprise software development. Domain expertise in Information Security, Data Privacy & Protection.
- Adept in large-scale Agile development (involving a scrum-of-scrums governance model) with a minimum of 1-2 years direct hands-on experience as a Scrum Product Owner or Scrum Master.
- Experience in technical customer-facing roles—including professional services, sales engineering or technical support—is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (technical) or equivalent; MBA a plus
- CISSP certification is desired