Principal Engineer, Service Delivery (I8)
Bangalore, IndiaJob ID R043012 Date posted Nov. 07, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
Why Work For Us:
Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from all across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
Our Employee Value Proposition:
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
About Business Unit:
Principal Engineer, Service Delivery will perform ongoing basis administration troubleshooting across a rolling schedule of go live dates for customer HYBRIS environment. The HYBRIS Lead will collaborate and coordinate closely with the both client and internal infrastructure teams to deliver a stable, highly available business critical systems.
- Exercises judgment in planning and organizing work; monitors performance and reports status. Prepares integration plans.
- Prepares activity and progress reports for server utilization.
- Works collaboratively with various members of the team and other Infrastructure resources in support of the client.
- Conducts special analyses and projects as required.
- Performs related functions and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
- Remains current on developments in field(s) of expertise.
- Resolves and/or facilitates resolution of problems including identifying causes to prevent re-occurrence.
- Identifies and resolve business issues; escalate issues when appropriate.
- Participate in an on-call rotation with the other team members.
- Availability to work ambiguous hours on occasion.
- Extensive knowledge of HYBRIS implementations, management, troubleshooting, configuration, and migrations is preferred
- Proficient in the use of methodologies supported by SAP best practices.
- Extensive experience of HYBRIS administration is a must. Experience of working in a virtualized environment like VMWare is a plus.
- Superior knowledge of SQL Server, SYBASE, HANA databases is required.
- Proficient in working in Windows and Linux server environments.
- Four-year degree with Computer Science or Business Administration or MIS focus (or equivalent).
- Experience working as part of a team to provide the optimal solution for both business needs and project standards.
- Experience estimating effort and resources required for projects and working with project managers to structure projects.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.