MTS-4 (Java Full Stack Developer)
Bengaluru, IndiaJob ID R1910357 Date posted Jul. 18, 2019
VMware is the world leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions. We empower our 400,000 customers by simplifying, automating, and transforming the way they build, deliver, and consume IT. We are a passionate and creative group of people, comprised of thousands of world-class computer scientists and software engineers spread across the world. At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
We are looking for talented professionals who share our passion for technology, innovation and excellence to help us enhance our VMware Cloud Foundation unified SDDC Platform and increase our market-leading position. As part of VMware Cloud Foundation, you will be bringing together VMware’s vSphere, vSAN, and NSX into a natively integrated stack to deliver enterprise-ready cloud infrastructure for the private and public cloud. You will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining next generation SDDC software in a fast-paced Agile environment, collaborating with product management, quality engineering and other members of our global team.
- Write a high quality, well-designed and maintainable code.
- Design and implement the next generation architecture of VMware's SDDC platform.
- Analyze the product requirements and develop functional and design specifications.
- Adhere to VMware internal processes during the whole development cycle – idea, requirements, specifications, designs, implementation, bug fixing, QA, support, etc.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 4+ years of related work experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Object Oriented Design principles, data structures and algorithms.
- Excellent command of Java, Spring framework, Hibernate, HTML5 and related technologies.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and commonly used L2/L3 networking protocols.
- Experience with VMware Products such as vSphere, vSAN, and NSX.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and advanced troubleshooting skills and qualities
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral English required
Considered a plus:
- Good understanding of the software development methodologies and/or experience with Agile.
- Experience in analyzing requirements, creating use cases and specifications and defining software architectures.
- Experience with multi-tiered architectures (Data-Application-Presentation).
- Experience with full stack development.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
This position is eligible for the CloudFoundationHiring referral campaign