Member of Technical Staff 2
Bengaluru, IndiaJob ID R1912195 Date posted Sep. 11, 2019
VMware (NYSE: VMW) is the global leader in virtualization, cloud infrastructure, security and, two areas that consistently rank as top priorities among CIOs. VMware delivers award-winning, customer-proven solutions that accelerate IT by reducing complexity and enabling more flexible, agile service delivery. Our solutions help organizations of all sizes, lower costs, increase business agility and ensure freedom of choice. We are searching for people who are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead to join our team of more than 9,000 employees in 40+ locations worldwide working to develop innovative solutions that deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. Having the audacity to challenge constraints and problem-solve for tomorrow starts
Why work for our Division:
We belong to Emerging Technologies division under Colleague Experience and Technologies group at VMware. Our primary goal is to deliver the best experience to our colleagues at all levels. We build and support applications to help our leaders take the best-informed decisions aiding to the growth of VMware. We also come up with innovative solutions that enhance the everyday experiences of our colleagues.
We are looking for an experienced Spring Boot developer who is very fluent and comfortable with developing, scaling and managing Spring Boot / Python Microservices.
· Develop and contribute to Web Application Tools built on Spring, Python Technologies.
· Develop and contribute to Web Application Tools built using Elastic Search, Kibana, Log Stash, Kafka, MongoDB, Postgres, MySQL, Redis, RabbitMQ
· Troubleshoot and identify issues in existing applications and fix them as applicable.
· Work with JIRA and follow the JIRA workflows closely.
· Attend Engineering meetings and identify gaps in existing processes/platform/technologies
· Develop innovative ideas and solutions for projects.
· Own a feature end-to-end and demonstrate expertise in a given feature area.
· Work collaboratively across other teams.
· BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
· 3 Years of Engineering Experience in developing applications
· Proficiency in one or more languages – Java / Python / Kotlin
· Proficiency to work with Kubernetes, PCF, and AWS is an added advantage.
· Adopt Open Source Technologies to find solutions for existing problems
· Familiarity with REST, Open Source Tools
· Familiarity in IntelliJ, Perforce, GitLab, JIRA
· Familiarity with DevOps Processes and Automation (Added advantage)
· Good communications skills (verbal & written) in English
· Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills Desired