Legal Counsel Senior Consultant
Bangalore, India, Gurgaon, IndiaJob ID R037735 Date posted Oct. 09, 2019
Senior Consultant, Legal Counsel
Location – Bangalore/Gurgaon
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
Why Work For Us:
Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from all across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
Our Employee Value Proposition:
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
- Subject matter expert in several areas of law.
- Manages outside counsel.
- Provides regular guidance and advice to senior leadership.
- Provides direction and advice to legal team.
- Handles the most sensitive and complex legal issues relating to the corporation.
- Decisions affect all or a major portion of a business/legal strategy.
- Errors in work may cause major increase in legal risk to the organization and may result in significant expense to Dell.
- Defines and implements policies and procedures for legal department, strategic advice and counsel to senior business clients.
- Builds external alliances with customers and industry experts to gain and share information and industry trends. Initiates and provides thought leadership for new or revised departmental procedures, programs and initiatives
- Advanced ability to manage relationships with outside counsel.
- Advanced knowledge of legal decision making principles.
- Advanced knowledge of legal research skills.
- Advanced ability to apply known legal principles to an unfamiliar set of facts.
- Advanced ability to influence, persuade and negotiate. Advanced ability to assess risk and identify and lead actions to mitigate risk.
- Advanced verbal and written communication and teamwork skills.
- Advanced presentation and interpersonal skills.
Education and Experiences
- Typically requires 15+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree; or 12+ years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 8+ years experience; or equivalent experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re the kind of communicator who can make world-class technology even more irresistible, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.