Lab Support Technician India R&D India-R&D
Bengaluru, IndiaJob ID R31846 Date posted Mar. 19, 2019
Dell creates technology solutions for a changing world. Our Information Technology (IT) Architecture team translates our customers’ business requirements into total enterprise-wide solutions. It takes deep technical knowledge to create architectural designs that exceed service requirements. We’re skilled in analyzing the customer’s business goals, objectives, needs and general business environment to create technical system solutions. Our expertise includes integrating hardware, processes, methodologies and software into the customer environment.
- Taking ownership of customer tickets and driving for resolution that results in high customer satisfaction while meeting Service Level Agreements.
- Managing lab inventory via online tools and spreadsheets to provide real time knowledge of asset condition, location, and usage.
- Assist with hardware deployments and relocations, add and remove piece parts, cabling, and asset audits
- Assist with firmware updates, Server OS installations, updating drivers, patches.
- 1+ years lab operations experience, working in a server hardware lab environment
- 2+ years customer facing experience. Handling customer issues, escalations, achieving compromise solutions in short timelines
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and analytical skills, ability to work independently or in a team. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience supporting Dell PowerEdge Servers or Dell Software environments
- Experience with inventory management practices especially radio frequency tags, CenterScape application or similar asset management tool
- Experience with ServiceNow or other ticket creation tool
- Experience with troubleshooting tools and process, lab safety standards.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, MS Visio, MS Office, and database administration
- Knowledge of basic networking and basic storage configurations will have added advantage.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership.
Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.