Firmware Senior Engineer (C C++) India-R&D
Bengaluru, IndiaJob ID R44725 Date posted Apr. 04, 2019
Job Title: Firmware Principal Engineer (C/C++) (I8), Bangalore
Dell creates technology solutions for a changing world. Our Information Technology (IT) Architecture team translates our customers’ business requirements into total enterprise-wide solutions. It takes deep technical knowledge to create architectural designs that exceed service requirements. We’re skilled in analyzing the customer’s business goals, objectives, needs and general business environment to create technical system solutions. Our expertise includes integrating hardware, processes, methodologies and software into the customer environment.
About Business Unit:
Dell IDrac team an embedded system management hardware and software solution to manage: Multiple servers, Networking, Storage. It provides a secure browser-based interface that enables an IT administrator to take inventory, perform configuration and monitoring tasks, remotely power on/off blade servers and enable alerts for events on servers and components in the blade chassis.
- Leading all activities necessary to take a product from concept to production including system architecture definition, PoC,
- Contribution to behavioral specification, defining engineering functional plan
- Design, engineering interlocks with vendor/ODMs/partners, prototyping, debug validation, interactions with cross functional teams, factory and customer support.
- Developing technical specifications, Proof Of Concepts, evaluating prototypes and making recommendations, defining program scope, driving design / engineering reviews are part of the job responsibility.
- Person should have excellent understanding of Linux OS internals and strong development experience. Server manageability experience will be a major plus.
- Fault tolerant systems and high availability is a plus. Person should have strong leadership skills with focus on drive for results. It is an IC role
- A BE/ME degree in ECE, CE, CS with 6+ years of industry experience in System Management software development
- Strong firmware / System development background with strong C/C++ development/debug skills
- Strong in Embedded Linux programming, OS Internals, memory management, IPC, thread programming and embedded application software development.
- Proficient in software development tools such as IDEs, compilers, debuggers, emulators, source control system and defect/ bug tracking systems.
- Prior work experience as a lead dealing with cross functional teams, partners / vendors, open sources and standards.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Solid understanding of SNMP, IPMI protocols. Experience/exposure to I2C, MCTP, NCSI protocol is a plus.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership.
Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.