Colleague Support Engineer
Bengaluru, IndiaJob ID R1911407 Date posted Sep. 16, 2019
Position: Endpoint Services Engineer
VMware seeks a motivated Endpoint Engineer, based in Bangalore with an experience of 3 Years to 5 years, who possesses an excellent customer service attitude, a great deal of creativeness in troubleshooting and problem solving, and who is ready to help maintain our desktop infrastructure. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC/Tower Server, hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user assistance where required.
- Pick support tickets through Vmware IT ticketing tool within defined SLA to provide technical resolution
- EPS Engineer is responsible for delivering Keep the light on (KTLO) tasks and Project related initiatives
- Should have hands on experience on Build, Install and configure end user hardware for New Hires and hardware refresh
- Provide support related to Windows, MAC and Linux OS issues encountered on end users primary and secondary hardware
- Provide on-going operational support for OS releases and upgrades, service pack installations, bug fixes, mandatory system security patching and updates
- Supporting Handheld devices on different mobility platforms – IOS, Android and Windows
- EPS Engineer is expected to troubleshoot problem areas in person, via phone and remote assistance tool (Bomgar, Remote Assistance, RDP, Telnet and SSH).
- Identify threats and risks on end-user hardware using security applications and ensure network security against Spyware, Adware and, Virus and Trojans.
- Responsible for maintaining end-user hardware as per IT Security and Compliance
- Proactively maintain Asset and Store inventory management
- Engage with peers from other technology support groups to deliver required solutions
- Work closely with EPS Leads to ensure SLAs are maintained across team
- Be active participants for all EUS Projects and deliveries
- Excellent knowledge and hands on experience on both Windows 10 & Mac Sierra
- Experience in troubleshooting o365 and office 2016, Antivirus, Encryption
- Exposure to Mobile device management, RSA, VPN, SCCM
- Knowledge on VMware products would be an added advantage
- Basic knowledge in Linux OS.
- Should be a good Team player
- Flexible to work in any shift
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Quick learner and adaptable to dynamic environment
- Minimum 3-year Degree/Diploma in Computer Science or related field